First run error before custom script

Keywordkid

Hi all,

I have a head scratching puzzle.

With lots of help from previous posts I have a working script to preload a default workspace and rename it as the users loginname so they can amend to their hearts content but get my initial startup with the addition of the read only enterprise.cuix, lots of testing on one PC all looks fine :D

Moving to a new test machine with no previous login, my batch scripts preload the required folders, files and shortcuts, plus a registry merge of the desired base arg files. The first run of the custom shortcut does it's normal installation thing and then stops with:

error.png

When I ok the error my script loads and all is well, subsequent AutoCAD sessions do not repeat the problem, however a log out and log back in does!

I'm using AutoCAD 2012 on Windows 7, I suspect it is something to do with merging the arg file but I have not found any other way to get my custom pathed shortcut to work without doing this, here is the shortcut detail:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\acad.exe" /p "C:\ACAD\%username%\Support\Barclays-Profile.arg" /b "W:\CADWorkspace\05-ClientResources\BarclaysStandard\BarclaysStart.scr"

The odd thing is I have a second shortcut that is loaded in the same way but does not create this error, any suggestions gratefully received, particularly if there is a better way to get my script to run without merging the arg.

Thanks. :?

:shock: The lack of response has been overwhelming, everyone must have been engrossed in the Olympics!!

For anyone who is interested; I persevered and eventually deduced the problem to be with the arg file, although I believe the way IT have configured user policies also to be an issue. Anyway I did a great deal of trial and error testing by deleting sections out and re-running until I eventually found a section that caused the error to appear. I can't say I'm comfortable with the solution and wonder whether something is going to come back and haunt me as a result but as far as I can tell everything is running well and performing as I hoped.

I'd be interested to know how others manage to deploy new client setups for user's individual logins without manually going machine to machine and using the user's credentials to ensure correct deployment, sigh...it was so much easier in MicroStation.

• 2 months later...

If you think that the script is running into problems with the way your IT department has folders set up, I would suggest saving your script to a personnal folder, if available.