Text Problem

gsksun4

Even though R14 is an old version of AutoCad, I sometimes use it because I have lisp routines for inserting existing blocks. Now the problem. Even though the settings are identical in both drawings for the text, one drawing prints out bold, and the other prints out thin text. I go into style, and the style name is romans and the font name is romans. Same blocks are used in both drawings. Same size scale on the blocks. Everything is the same, but I cannot match that bold text.

Any thoughts on this? All I can think of is it might be something inherent in the drawing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Were you able to change the style from regular to bold?

In the style dialog box, I only see where you can click on "Use Big Font" and that didn't do it. I'm trying a different font style with a bold in the name. I didn't want to change the font from romans though.

I just tried style-aldine bold and that didn't work. The text I'm talking about is attributes that are part of my blocks and cannot be exploded.

This is just a thought, not sure if it is the right answer though. Can you copy the correct text into the drawing or design center and transfer the style that way?

These drawings are hospital floors with drop locations for voice and data outlets. There's several hundred blocks on each drawing.

The blocks in both drawings come from the same directory and are the same blocks used over and over within the drawing.

Have you looked at the Pen Assignments in R14 drawings to see whether they are the same in the two drawings :?

Pen assignments are the same in both drawings. I checked. I almost never change them. Only on rare occasion, then I know to change them back.