horizontal and vertical curved 3d pipe

ton 3d

I am new in 3d, and i would like to know how to draw this pipe as shown in this picture below. Kindly teach me to draw a 3d pipe with horizontal curve and vertical curve elements combined. Here are the design elements :

for the horizontal curve for the vertical curve

radius=30.798m radius=18.000m

angle=29deg angle=60deg

The diameter of pipe that i am trying to draw is 5 meters.

Thanks in advance.

3d pipe.jpg

If this is a Homework question, there's a forum for that. :thumbsup:

Otherwise, the picture looks an awful lot like ventilation components, in which case you might consider using AutoCAD MEP in lieu of Civil 3D.

That was what I thought too, until I saw that the radii were meant to be 5 METERS, which seems pretty big to me for ducting. That would make for a really big plenum! :shock:

Maybe they are supposed to be 0.5 meters instead?

this is a mechanical drawing for a hydro power plant piping, the radius of the pipe is 2.5 meters or 5 meter in diameter. the drawings posted above seems doesn't satisfies the horizontal and vertical curve elements required,but thank you for the reply.

... If this _isn't_ a homework question, then where did the image (which appears to be an illustration, not a model, but I could be wrong), and the specific criteria come from? :unsure:

... Mind you, I'm just curious; it's cool if it's a homework question, just seeking to clarify.

Well maybe you could provide us with a drawing that has the correct centerline of each element.

Uhmm, isn't that the problem description. How to find that correct centerline?

Didn't SEANT provide a general solution (if not the exact solution given then curve information)?

I'll try to give it a shot when I get a chance - if I understand the problem correctly. Let me take a look at samchums proposed solution... ... back in a bit.

No, I don't think samchums "solution" is even close.

I think it is more like SEANTs intersecting curve solution - something like this (done in another Autodesk CAD program, but the principle is the same)

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%207.pdf

Forum members have responded to the OP's request for help and he, in turn, has said....

"...the drawings posted above seems doesn't satisfies the horizontal and vertical curve elements required..."

Who provided the curve data in the first place? Well it was the OP himself yet he says no response thus far is acceptable. If that is the case then the data supplied was faulty. Let's not waste our time guessing at what the OP wants. Let him supply the center lines then we'll do the rest.

Personally it bugs me we get these vague requests and we have to play 20 questions before we get the correct information. We aren't mind readers. Everything would go much smoother if people provided ALL the necessary information up front in their first post.

Forum members have responded to the OP's request for help and he, in turn, has said....

"...the drawings posted above seems doesn't satisfies the horizontal and vertical curve elements required..."

Who provided the curve data in the first place? Well it was the OP himself yet he says no response thus far is acceptable. If that is the case then the data supplied was faulty. Let's not waste our time guessing at what the OP wants. Let him supply the center lines then we'll do the rest.

Personally it bugs me we get these vague requests and we have to play 20 questions before we get the correct information. We aren't mind readers. Everything would go much smoother if people provided ALL the necessary information up front in their first post.

I believe the OP was referring, (in post #8), to Posts 7 & 6. I think Post #3 basically solved the issue... If the OP is not satisfied he can post again...

this is a mechanical drawing for a hydro power plant piping, the radius of the pipe is 2.5 meters or 5 meter in diameter. the drawings posted above seems doesn't satisfies the horizontal and vertical curve elements required,but thank you for the reply.

if you noticed in my first post, i have a note saying "dimensions are not the same as the given". i just gave you an example.

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank all who have posted on this thread ,especially to samchums26 and mr jd mather, you are truly an expert.

I realized that I just can't rely on self study,research on internet and reading HELP topics to enhance my autocad skills . I am a survey engineer by profession and working on hydro power plant. My job is to put the pipes in exact position and elevation.Can you suggest me if what Autodesk programs should i enroll to answer my problem? What AUTODESK Program tackles the PIPING DESIGN in 3D and MODELLING .