Zooming in to 3D drawing makes objects disappear.

SwChilly

This is frustrating. I try to zoom into an object with my mouse and it disppears. I zoom out and it reappears but it's too far away, I zoom in again and it disappears. Why is it doing this? I click zoom object and that works but I don't want to do that every single time and even that isn't zoomed in enough.

Know what I'm talking about?

I would but the file is too large..

I'm getting a new computer today anyway so I will try again then.. I didn't think it was a computer issue, more of a software, or a setting somewhere..

Right now my comp settings are:

Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

(RAM): 12.0 GB

That help?

What method are you using to "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out"?

Just using my mouse wheel. I didn't have a problem with it on Friday.

I was more interested in your graphics card/driver.

Has this always worked for you before (zoom).

Can you delete all except this one object to make the file size small enough to post?

How big is the file if you right click on the file name in Windows Explorer and select Send to Compressed(zipped) Folder?

What happens if you use Zoom Window?

What happens if you use Zoom Object and then scroll your mouse wheel?

Is using your mouse wheel jumping too far between detents?

What happens if you do a Regen?

You know what? I feel like an idiot.. I deleted some objects and now it's zooming pretty good. If I did need all of the objects though and couldn't delete them....

To answer your questions, before I deleted objects zoom-window was doing the same thing (objects disppear). File in the compressed folder says over 7 MB. What is the limit for uploading?

Zoomfactor.jpg

I don't use AutoCAD, so I didn't know it was Zoomfactor - but here is what a search in the Help (F1) turned up.

Looks like SLW has them memorized, got it while I was searching the Help.

7MB? Are you using xrefs?

Adjust _ZOOMFACTOR

hey thanks! I'm writing that one down.

Thanks so much JD, SLW... I'll remember that command if it happens again. I didn't realize it was such a simple command. Thought it would be long and complicated like a hidden setting in my options. Oy vey

• 2 years later...
Adjust _ZOOMFACTOR

I've been having the same problem for around 3 months! Thought it was the graphics card; had it replaced; still happened. Adjusted the ZOMMFACTOR and (ta-da!), I'm having great luck with the solid model. You're a life saver. Thank you for responding to the question/problem. You've done your good deed for the day - you can go home now! :D