Can't remove "Defpoints" Layer

Print_Master

The drawing that I am working on only consist of one machine on "Zero" Layer. I am trying to get the drawing to only have one layer (Layer 0). I was able to remove all the other layers :), but I am having trouble finding a way to remove "defpoint" layer:(. Does anyone know how to remove a "defpoint" layer from a drawing? Thank you to all that helps.

Does the drawing have dimensions? If not use the _PURGE command.

No there are no dimensions, and the "PURGEcommand" didn't work eather.

Then something is still on the defpoints layer.

Post the .dwg if possible.

The drawing that I am working on only consist of one machine on "Zero" Layer. I am trying to get the drawing to only have one layer (Layer 0). I was able to remove all the other layers :), but I am having trouble finding a way to remove "defpoint" layer:(. Does anyone know how to remove a "defpoint" layer from a drawing? Thank you to all that helps.

:D Thank you for your help @SLW210. I have found a way, due to another site. I am posting this to help others that may come accross this problem.

Found out how to get ride of the "defpoint" layer due to another site. I am posting my findings here so no one has to search for it (be on more than one site).

Make the "defpoint" layer current layer. Draw nothing but a simple line. Switch your current layer back to a layer other than the "defpoint layer". Type in LAYDELcommand and select the line that you drew. Hit ENTER, and say yes when it promps you "Do you want to Continue". DONE!! :shock:

**Warning** Make sure all that your drawing is on a different layer than "defpoint" layer. This is becaus whe you do the LAYDELcommand it will delete the layer from your liberary as well as your drawing that has that layer.

This is a funny thread. If I wanted a drawing that only had one layer named "0" I'd start a new drawing!

Reminds me of a story I read in elementary school about a boy who was working as prop man for a school play. He had to provide an empty milk bottle for a scene. He spent the entire story looking all over town, checking grocers, deli's, and dairy farms in vain. Then at the end of the story a little girl asked him why he didn't just drink all the milk and wash the bottle.

:D Thank you for your help @SLW210. I have found a way, due to another site. I am posting this to help others that may come across this problem.

Found out how to get ride of the "Defpoints" layer due to another site. I am posting my findings here so no one has to search for it (be on more than one site).

Make the "Defpoints" layer current layer. Draw nothing but a simple line. Switch your current layer back to a layer other than the "Defpoints layer". Type in LAYDELcommand and select the line that you drew. Hit ENTER, and say yes when it promps you "Do you want to Continue". DONE!! :shock:

**Warning** Make sure all that your drawing is on a different layer than "Defpoints" layer. This is because whe you do the LAYDELcommand it will delete the layer from your liberary as well as your drawing that has that layer.

LAYDEL

This command also changes block definitions that use the layer to be deleted. Objects on that layer are also deleted from all block definitions and the affected blocks are redefined.

Information for using LAYDEL is already in several threads on this site.

As I stated, if Defpoints (or any layer besides 0) doesn't purge, there is still an object using that layer.

What library are you referring?

Why not just put everything on Defpoints, delete 0, then rename Defpoints to 0?

lol

More than one way to skin a cat, in AutoCAD.

You can probably write a lisp for that too!

• 8 months later...

Just lock or freeze the Defpoints layer and then use the 'flaydel.vlx' attached.

Using the 'flaydel.vlx' will delete and purge any layer that is locked or frozen.

Unzip first.

flaydel.zip

• 3 years later...
just Do RENAME it another name, then delete!! :shock:

Probably not advisable IF one has a drawing that includes dimensions and the LAYDEL command is just as effective.