Microstation arc tool in AutoCad?

c32c3m

Hello, I am a landscape architect, and have used autocad for the past three years, and I am also familiar with microstation, which I used at a previous job. My question is primarily for the users that are familiar with both products.

Unlike much of the drafting I have done in architecture (which is often straight lines and 90 angles), landscape architecture and land planning often requires long sweeping curves that lead into tangent arcs, and or lines. Microstation has a brilliant arc tool that allows one to create beautiful curves that are always tangent. The arc tool also allows placement of the next curve anywhere, as opposed to snapping to an end point. Is there a way to do the described actions in Autocad? Again, if you are unfamiliar with microstation's arc tool, my question may not make sense. Thanks for help.

Hello, I am a landscape architect, and have used autocad for the past three years, and I am also familiar with microstation, which I used at a previous job. My question is primarily for the users that are familiar with both products.

Unlike much of the drafting I have done in architecture (which is often straight lines and 90 angles), landscape architecture and land planning often requires long sweeping curves that lead into tangent arcs, and or lines. Microstation has a brilliant arc tool that allows one to create beautiful curves that are always tangent. The arc tool also allows placement of the next curve anywhere, as opposed to snapping to an end point. Is there a way to do the described actions in Autocad? Again, if you are unfamiliar with microstation's arc tool, my question may not make sense. Thanks for help.

SPLINE command perhaps.

With the ARC command, after drawing one, hit enter to start arc again, then enter again for a tangent arc from the last arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about MicroStation SmartLine? The equal tool is pline or polyline tool. You can switch between arc and line segment too. Arc will always be tangent to previous segment.