• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• Dadgad

• SLW210

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far my work in 3D is just that, three dimensions instead of two. This stuff takes my breath away.

You should have gotten extra credit for the lawn gnome in the doorway.

Well boys and girls, it looks like I'm going to be featured in 3D Artist Magazine. I got an email this morning from the editor asking me if I would allow them to put the image in their magazine. Are you kidding??? Allow them to put it in the magazine??? I would pay them to put it in the magazine!!! This is why I've been working so hard, for all these years. This is really an amazing opportunity and hopefully a stepping stone to bigger and better things to come. :D

I'll update this thread when I find out when the issue will be out at the news stands.

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. :)

Congrats! That is very exciting news.

Looking at the winning entries I think 1st place had a little more interesting subject matter, BUT theirs was not executed nearly as well, looks like you should have been in 1st place.

There are those who yearn to go to the mountains, and those who yearn to go to sea. :)

Your mountains were absolutely outstanding, much more interesting than the other background (or absence thereof) as was your whole render,

but the Venician like charm of that canal (is that cheating), and the water are pretty much universal magnets.

I did like the laundry drying overhead, nice down home touch.

Congratulations on the recognition and good luck opening some of those doors to the roads less traveled. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes, that's a picture of me on the cover. Unfortunately that photo was taken before my morning coffee. :oops:

It looks like a fantastic magazine in which to have your efforts validated,

I hope it generates some new avenues for your art. :thumbsup:

Better make that coffee a GRANDE!

Edited by Dadgad

• 4 months later...

Well it's official. I just got email confirmation that my render is going to be published in the next "Expose" book from Ballistic Publishing. It will be in "Expose 11" and should be released in August. I guess dreams really do come true. :D

Well it's official. I just got email confirmation that my render is going to be published in the next "Expose" book from Ballistic Publishing. It will be in "Expose 11" and should be released in August. I guess dreams really do come true. :D

Congratulations Cad, that is fantastic! :beer: