Auto load profiles

SAFeSTeR

Hi,

I have recently started using AutoCAD 2012 and after changing my OPTIONS settings I renamed the default profile (or whatever it is called) so it is the only profile in the list. Now every time I launch AutoCAD, all of my settings remain except for the font I use in the command line area despite the current profile being the one I renamed and the correct font shown as selected in the OPTIONS > Fonts. I have to manually select my profile to get it to display as intended.

How can I fix this?

On a side note, is it true to say that profiles store settings in the OPTIONS menu while workspaces store eveything visible on screen, like toolbars etc?

Is there anything I can do to link everything to one setting or config file?

I've also seen another more advanced options menu mentioned in this forum but I forget where. Can anyone tell me how to access this? I think users Dadgad or dbroada post it a few times...

Sorry for asking so many questions :P and thanks in advance.

Make a copy of your desktop icon and edit the properties the bit /P "Mynewprofilename" selects what profile to use MAKE A COPY !! you must have the profile though already created which it sounds like you have done.

Ps edit the General bit also to say BIGAL-ACAD v's "Autocad civ3d - metric profile". Actually mine says 2013Civ the other icon ACAD2013

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the replies. I've actually been away so sorry for the delay in replying.I'm busy at the moment so will try these soon and let you know how I got on.

You are looking for SYSVDLG. :)
Great, that's it thanks. Looks quite comprehensive!

I believe that if you RENAMED your Profile you need to correct the startup path and direct it to that new profile name.
How do I do that? I've tried what BIGAL said by adding the /P "Profilename" to the end of the target commandline in my shortcut properties but it doesn't work.

My profile is the only one in the list so I assume that it acts as a default, but still my preferred text font is not showing.