Preview window not displaying

Aska723

I suggested resetting one's Profile but I don't know if that is a viable solution.

Since this preview feature has been around for a while one wonders how the programmers managed to screw it up. To me that is either laziness or poor programming.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Aska723

• Dadgad

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since this preview feature has been around for a while one wonders how the programmers managed to screw it up. To me that is either laziness or poor programming.

Or sabotage…which someone could then blame on ‘bad luck’, etc., etc.

Easy to cut them some slack when things are real new, but this ain't one of those times.

You're welcome to cut 'em slack all you want. I feel like we've got way too much $ in it for that, new or not. Just sayin'.

I believe this is a reported bug with 2013 and seems to be profile related. SP 1 has been released for AutoCAD 2013 now, but no word on if this was fixed.

For some reason, I thought I read that SP1 was removed due to generating fatal errors. Just what was the undocumented featu… uh, I mean reported bug? It might help refresh a memory here.

Unfortunately in one of the lisps that i was writing I had something to disable pulldowns and display my windows and it reseted A13.

Speaking of sabotage, maybe you could post that part so that we know precisely what to d..., uh, I mean not to do?

Hi All,

I knew that after a good night sleep it will come to me, it beats me why Autodesk got rid off that toggle from a view pull down menu.

At the command line type "RASTERPREVIEW" and set it to "1" if it is set to "0" it turns preview off.

One of Autodesks hidden commands.

Thanks for all the suggestions last night ReMark, but as I said I was brain dead.

Thumbsave and Rasterpreview are the same? I did not know that. I knew there was a reason I got up this morning.

My bad that I did not follow up with the OP after having suggested Thumbsave in post #15. I'm going to punish myself with thumbscrews.

If you enter RASTERPREVIEW in 2013, the commandline responds with the THUMBSAVE options.

In SYSVDLG, RASTERPREVIEW is not listed, but THUMBSAVE is. :beer:

I figured we should give credit where due. Good call.

It was a lucky guess that's all. I should have followed up. Thanks just the same though.

:huh::shock:Maybe my thinking is all wrong here :?,but I would have thought that such followup should be preceded by at least a cursory attempt on the part of the OP to look into the idea. Lucky guess or not, when coming from a site Quantum Mechanic, it might deserve some looking into on the OP's part, especially when it would be so simple to try. JS.

Edited by neophoible
formatting

I hear you. :)

It is only natural to assume that suggested solutions will, or have been considered and tried.

Barring that, and some timely feedback, threads keep steaming along sort of on auto-pilot looking for NEW suggestions, rather than rehashing prior ones.

But the OP seems to have had RASTERPREVIEW tucked away in a remote location of the momentarily toasted memory bank.

I personally didn't know anything about either of them, despite the fact that it was working fine on my setup.

Live long enough, you'll know everything. :beer:

I hear you. :)

--snipped--

Live long enough, you'll know everything. :beer:

Thanks for hearing. Never expect to live that long;), but I do enjoy learning a bit more each day, especially on this forum.:beer:

PS I wasn't really aiming my comments at the tired OP, or at anyone else for that matter. It's just that a 'lucky' 'guess' by someone like ReMark likely has a ton of experience behind it that makes it a lot less luck and a lot less guess than might be inferred, and thus worth looking into. In this particular case, there were at least two paths to the same end. This is not so unusual in AutoCAD. Therefore, it may not be a good idea to ignore a suggestion just because it's not one you've heard of or thought about or used before. And, yes, you can quote this back to me when it looks like I'm doing this myself.;)

Edited by neophoible
clarification (PS)