using 3DS max 6 book from Ohio's tuts - questions?

AlienBZ

my 3DS max 6 book, animation, CG filmmaking from concept to completion has just arr. today, and so far, having read Chapter 1 "types of stories" read and did some of the exercises under "your stories" starting on page 5, I'm thinking of a story taken from my life that's created in a Christian/Star Wars type of format (such as humans, Christ the Messiah, angels, demons, aliens, the Dark Side vs the Light side kind of stuff) and so having jotted down my ideas, these are as follows are the things that makes me unique, followed by several "what if" questions for story fodder:

A) How I was born - weighed a pound and a half.

--what if a demon attacked me on night of aug. 1, trying to pull me out of mom's womb?

--what if this happened while my parents were vacationing on another planet?

--what if my dad were human and my mom was an alien from another planet?

--what if the combination of mom's and dad's genes were such that I was a normal, healthy, N'Daya (nonhuman being) and born at 1 pound, 7 ounces was normal for a N'Daya baby?

--what if an angel defeated the demon's attempted abortion of me that night as mom slept (this actually happened - result: umbilical cord had fallen out, yet baby (me) was still attached to mom)?

B) special schools/programs - for "exceptional" children.

--what if my parents were told that I would be a "little behind" the normal children in school just b/c I was N'Daya?

--what if these schools didn't involve the teachings of the Holy Bible in their work and they taught the kids wrongly

without the parents' knowledge under the guise of "helping" the children?

--what if I were taught wrongly from a very young age (8 years of age)?

--what if I was brainwashed by this wrong teaching and started going against what was right (according to the teachings of the Holy Bible)?

--what if the Devil ruled these special schools/programs and made them forgot about our Creator and the teachings of the Holy Bible?

C) Attracted to the New Age Culture:

--what if the Devil had brainwashed me thru these special schools/programs to the point of believing the New Age is the Lord's (Our Creator) answer to my prayers (actually happened)?

--what if I were more faithful to the New Age than to the Lord?

--what if I kept buying into this New Age stuff?

--what is New Age stuff led me to believe (wrongly) that I was African Amer. in an earlier life, and I pursued this (false) belief by buying African Amer. books?

--What if parents strongly objected to this sort of thing (New Age/African Amer stuff)?

--what if I so loved the New Age/African Amer. stuff so much that I rebelled against my parents to the point of actually leaving them and moving into a halfway house (I mentioned this halfway house in one of my first posts)?

D) Met my best friend thru a mutual creature (an ant crawling on sidewalk - actually happened) one day while cruising planets near my home world:

--what if this friend was also an alien being (like I was) from another planet?

--what if this friend was a Christian who loved/followed the Lord?

--what if this friend took me under her wing (like Han Solo did with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars)?

--what if this friend tried to tell me the truth (according to the Bible) and I wouldn't listen?

--what if this friend prayed for the Lord to find me a Bible study teacher that I'd listen to so I wouldn't end up in

Hades (Hell) if I died?

(All these "what if's" concerning this friend actually happened)

Ok, about how many GB of data/footage would all of this amount to?

I don't want to make this into a Blu-ray movie that's burned on blu-ray, I'd like to keep this kind of short and sweet, but with just enough detail to tell the story of the incredible things that my Lord did for me thru these life markers so that it'll fit on a single layer, 4.7 GB DVD disc - how exactly do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Note: The reason I wanted myself/some of my family members/friends to be alien beings of another planet in this story is b/c I wish to keep our/my family member's/friends' privacy intact yet tell the story of my unique life thru this movie - my very first movie creation.

Edited by AlienBZ

This is a CAD forum, not a film making forum. If you have questions about 3ds Max, please ask them, but we cannot help you with your screenplay. You will have to find another forum for that.

Also, please refrain from talk of religion and/or politics. Nothing can start an argument faster than someone talking about their religious or political views on a public forum. Just post the questions you have about 3ds Max.

Now, having said all that, I really think it would be a good idea for you to put down the film making books for a while and pick up a book on 3D modeling in Studio Max. You need to learn what it takes to build models and animate them. This is something I've been saying from the beginning. You need to learn the program.

The bottom line is that we are here to help you with problems that you may encounter with the Studio Max program while you build models, apply materials to them, animate them, render them, etc. But that's pretty much it. So please, just stick to questions pertaining to the Studio Max program. That's really all we can help you with. ;)

Ok. Er, could you guys please help me build these scenes and these characters (and possibly animate them) that I mentioned in my first post in this thread (this is what I was really driving at in the first place) using my version of 3DS max?

That book from Ohio (3DS max 6 CG filmmaking from concept to completion) is really a 3DS max book. I'm only on chapter 1, and the book has 17 chapters in it. Chapter 7 starts you on character modeling, chapter 11 is about set modeling, I've only scratched the surface of what's in this book, so please bear with me.

If you want to see if this book from Ohio really is a 3DS max book for yourselves, here's the link: A peek inside the book from Ohio - table of contents

Believe me, there are some films made with 3DS max. These are: fifty percent grey; the cathedral; and respire. This book contains lessons and files from the included CD so as to show the reader how to build characters and movie sets with 3DS max.

Ok, that's fine. I believe you that the books are 3ds Max books. I'm just trying to get you to start working with the program. You keep talking about all the things you want to do, but you have yet to even build one model. Continue reading through the books and working through the tutorials, and when you get stuck, come here and ask a question. We can help you with the technical issues and help you learn the program so you can build and animate your creations, but as for making a movie, you may need to look elsewhere for help with that.