Beginner 3DS Max frustrated with trying to learn

Mannon2nd

I am a beginner with the program of 3ds max 2010. I am trying to teach myself how to make clothes for Victoria 4.2 in max but the tutorials I am looking at or watching don't work right or something. I can't get the fabric to stay on her or it turns into a box. I have been trying to work on this for a couple of months trying to get help in other forums but no one seems to want to help me. I am getting so frustrated with the fact that nothing is working right.

I need a good tutorial that works for 3ds max 2010 or can someone help me? I want to learn how to use this program. I have got books and books and have spent money on tuts that don't work right. Can someone please lead me in a better direction? Thank you so much.

I took some training at Lynda.com and digital tutors, but no I have consider hands on training before. I need some one in my area to help me.

I would recommend trying ZBrush. Poly modeling a character in Studio Max is a thing of the past. Yes it can be done in Max, but it's very frustrating and time consuming. It is much easier and faster to create characters, clothing, accessories, and pretty much everything in ZBrush.

ZBrush has an unusual user interface and it's a little difficult to get used to at first, but once you get used to it you will be able to quickly and easily create some really amazing stuff that would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to do in Studio Max.

And there are tons of training DVD's available from all the big name training companies.