Lable curves not showing up on sheets

hertz hound

Is there a reason why when I use the standard with system label it does not show up on the sheet? I labeled a bunch of conduit in a construct, created a view drawing with the construct and some architectural constructs, and dragged it to a sheet. The labels are visible in the view and construct, just not on the sheet. I checked the style manager and the display manager and don't see anything that would turn them off. The only thing I noticed is that when I select a label and go under properties>display>display component it is set to none. While the object is selected I click the drop down and change it from none to label (the only other option) but it is always back to none when I check the object again.

What am I missing?

sorry about the title I am not trying to sow lables, just print them. I guess you can't edit titles?

Hmm... hard for me to tell without looking at the file. Could be a number of things. First thing that comes to mind is Annotative Scaling. Make sure they're consistent through the Construct, View and Viewport on the Sheet files. Second thing that comes to mind is Display Manager. And don't forget your normal AutoCAD functionality like VP Layer Control, etc.

If still nothing can you post the file(s) by chance?

Thanks for the reply.

It was the annotative scaling. I figured it out two days ago. I have been thrown a curve with that before and can't believe I didn't check that first.

I have been using your unistrut member style to put the icing on the cake. That is incredible that you are able to build stuff like that. Is there a way to change it to make 7/8 strut or do you have to make a whole new one? I used a lot of back to back thin strut on the first floor of this building to hold all the 1 inch EMT home run conduits. I will probably use the 1-5/8 just to get it in the drawing and be able to show it in the sheets all dimensioned for the field layout of the racks. I copied and fliped the strut to make back to back deep strut for the 3 and 4 inch conduit in the basement and mechanical rooms. I will send you the files when I am done for you to see. I will send you the other trades as well. I thought you might be interested to see the mechanicals.

Glad you got it figured out. When you start figuring out your own questions, it is then you start realizing you are getting a firm grasp on the program, which is a good feeling. :)

As for the unistrut... it's super easy. It's all about the profile. Do you know how to access the profile of the structural member? If not I'll direct you so you can achieve the back to back strut you're after.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried my best to figure it out. I tried changing it in block editor and I tried it in the style (modify). But, I really don't know where to start. I would appreciate any help or guidance you could give me. Thanks

Sure, I'm super busy at the moment and this weekend is my birthday weekend so my wife has it all filled up. I'll try and come back to this next week sometime.

I am not sure how, he (StykFacE) has done his, but this is the way I manage to do it (not sure if it is as good). He explained the subtraction of the hole in the thread he shared Unistrut.

First of all you need to draw a cross section of the Unistrut (you can draw a back to back one, so it becomes one object) or just one like StykFacE. It has to be a closed polyline.

You also need to draw the hole and extrude it and create a block which you will use later1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Second image, #3 is how you change the profile. Just make sure it's a closed polyline. Or, create a new style, as you've shown in the first image #1 & 2.

Good work hoss!! Thanks for backing me up. Glad to see some MEP guys getting more involved in here. 8)

• 1 month later...

I have no idea how I get unsubscribed to threads here, so again I have to say a belated thank you to you both.

I really wanted to have four styles of strut, shallow, deep, and back to back in both. So I came back to this post hoping to give it a bump only to find out it was answered the next day. I just completed your tutorial and now have them all. Thanks again.

Glad to know you're still benefiting from this forum.

As for subscribing and unsubscribing, directly above the first post of any thread, to the right, you'll notice the "Thread Tools" dropdown. This is where you can achieve your inquiry.

:)