• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faouweb

• tzframpton

• hertz hound

• khobart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried with DATA EXTRACTION and i have a lot of data :D, but what I need now is Nominal size :? it's not in the Data extraction's liste :cry:.

How can I get Nominal size data tp put it in a table?

Thank you ;)

dia.png

Go to you Style Manager. Under Schedule Table Styles, create a new schedule. Once you have this schedule selected, under the "Applies To" tab, check "Pipe". Then in the Columns tab, towards the bottom of the dialog you'll see a "Include Quantity Column". Check this. Now click the "Add Column" button and under PipeObject, select "CutLength" and check the "Total" box to the right, then click OK. Click OK again to exit. You now have a schedule made.

Now apply an AEC Schedule and select all your objects, then place the schedule. Once you do, right-click the schedule and click "Add All Property Sets" to apply the necessary information to that schedule, then it'll auto-populate. Once you make any changes to those objects, or start to add/delete objects, the schedule will show a diagonal line across it. You'll have to right-click the schedule, click "Selection > Reselect" to grab the changes. Then you usually have to repeat the "Add All Property Sets" command if there's any new objects that didn't exist before.

Thank you StykFacE ;) for your help

The first part is OK :thumbsup: I have created a new schedule, but the second part I don't know how to apply an AEC Schedule :oops:

mep2.png

type AECSCHEDULEADD at the command line, or go to the Annotate Tab under Scheduling. AutoCAD MEP has "default schedules" for whatever dumb reason, just pick which ever one and before you select anything, change the Schedule in the Properties Palette.

Did you follow my steps for adding all property sets? And are you using the schedule style you made or a default one? Make sure all the columns have the proper property set data.

Hi,

I have another question, in my drawing i have several setting like elbows, flanges, reducers...

How can add them in the Schedule Table Styles?

Thank you :)

Just Copy/Paste any existing schedule you have right now in the Style Manager. When you Paste it, it'll simply "duplicate" it with a (2) behind it. From there, rename it and go to the "Applies To" tab and change from Pipe to Pipe Fittings, then that particular table will only pick up fittings. Make sure, of course, in your Columns tab that you select the proper Property Set.

If you're wanting to leverage this BOM data in Excel, you know you can right-click any schedule and Export as an Excel file, correct? :)

When I apply what I learned here everything works great. The only problem is that the table I have for conduit length only shows small lengths. Nothing longer than 6' shows up in the table. When I click on a conduit in the drawing it will report its length like 40' 8" as an example. Why would that not show up in the table? I am guessing that it has to do with the conduit length and I would have to go back and break all the conduit down to 10' lengths. Any thoughts? The table for fittings works great :thumbsup:

When I apply what I learned here everything works great. The only problem is that the table I have for conduit length only shows small lengths. Nothing longer than 6' shows up in the table. When I click on a conduit in the drawing it will report its length like 40' 8" as an example. Why would that not show up in the table? I am guessing that it has to do with the conduit length and I would have to go back and break all the conduit down to 10' lengths. Any thoughts? The table for fittings works great :thumbsup:

I know nothing about MEP, although perhaps there is a maximum allowed length conduit setting somewhere.

I came across a structural design the other day with bad detailing that called for (continuous, not spliced or welded) 24m long reinforcing bars :? [good luck getting those custom made and delivered to site]