Industry Standard for Title Block regarding Lineweight/Color

mattieg

Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post!

Basically I'm in a design graphics course and I was wondering if there is an industry standard for the lines that compose the title block of my A-size template. I was reading a tutorial book that made my title block layer have continuous linetype, with the color green and a lineweight of 1.20 mm. Is this correct compared to industry standard? I was looking in the ASME Book that we have but I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks in advance!

--

Matt

just looking through some title blocks of ours, other companies, as well as the standard ones that come along with autocad.....1.2mm would suffice....im finding line widths ranging from just under 1mm to just over 2mm.....i dont really think there is an industry standard for something like this....every company has their own title block....they are designed to be functional and aesthetically pleasing....if it looks good go with it

Another question that I had regarding lineweights... How do I make it so that the lineweight is displayed in either the model space or paper space? So, if my the layer that my title block is in has a lineweight of 1.2mm, it is displayed on screen before I plot it? Or if my hidden lines are .3 mm, and etc?

Another question that I had regarding lineweights... How do I make it so that the lineweight is displayed in either the model space or paper space? So, if my the layer that my title block is in has a lineweight of 1.2mm, it is displayed on screen before I plot it? Or if my hidden lines are .3 mm, and etc?

If you insert your title block in paperspace, it will show the lineweights correctly. I think this is may help.

im not sure that it displays in modelspace...but in paperspace they will be displayed if you type LWDISPLAY > ON