• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• fredericofrg

• JD Mather

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP states in post #36: "I try do the 1.1 baseplate but i little confuse with the numbers can you help me?"

The OP states in post #38: "No i confused with the numbers to do the lines 1 big line is 4.50 i need find just the top what calc i need do."

Unless I am reading this wrong it seems to me that frederico is having a problem with his math (i.e. - he cannot figure out the missing dimensions). Do you agree JDM?

The exercise in question here and the one frederico refers to as the "1 big line is 4.50" is this:

Exercise 1.1 Baseplate.PNG

The 4.50 is on the left. The student is required to calculate the other dimensions.

As I have already stated, I provided all but one of the dimensions in a previous post. All frederico had to do was jot down the missing numbers or follow my detailed instructions to create the baseplate. How much easier could it be?

Edited by ReMark

frederico:

Regarding the calculation we need to do in Exercise 1.1 it is 4.50 minus 3.00 = 1.50.

You might want to look at post #15 as previously suggested. You'll find it contains additional dimensions.

Aren't we fast approaching the deadline for the submission of this assignment?

Edited by ReMark

frederico:

Regarding the calculation we need to do in Exercise 1.1 it is 4.50 minus 3.00 = 1.50.

You might want to look at post #15 as previously suggested. You'll find it contains additional dimensions.

Oh now i saw i minus 4.50-3.50.

Aren't we fast approaching the deadline for the submission of this assignment? : Yes dont remind me this because have 2 more assignment to do in Autocad.

I go get Lunch now and back to try do again.

By the way, it looks like you were attempting to use Dynamic Input judging by the image in post #3. You use the TAB key after first entering your length to then be able to enter your angle. You could also type this at the command line in this form: @5.66

Oh now i saw i minus 4.50-3.50.

Aren't we fast approaching the deadline for the submission of this assignment? : Yes dont remind me this because have 2 more assignment to do in Autocad.

I go get Lunch now and back to try do again.

I think you are fast running out of time. I haven't seen any real progress since you first started this thread on the 9th and here it is the 13th already. With just a little bit of effort I see no reason why you couldn't knock out all the exercises I have covered in 30 minutes given that you are a true newbie to AutoCAD. At the rate you are going now you might need a whole extra week. Have you asked for help either from the instructor or from someone else taking the same class?

Ok i try do the 1.11 Bracket with the Fillet tool just put lines and try and specify r and the radius but i need 3XO1.00 is 3 yes?

how can creat the circle with the correct O?

and i need put lines in the middle of the circle?

how can create the 2 lines in the middle to do the correct Radius in the lines with Fillet here is my Image:

bracketqw.jpg

On quick glance none of your drawings are correct. It seems you ignored every one of my posts regarding how to do each exercise.

For example, in Exercise 1.1, the 3.00 dimension is wrong as well as the 0.50 dimension at the top. See post #15 of this thread for the correct dimensions.

In Exercise 1.2 you ask "How can i modify to put the Values and not modify my project i just cannot see what i draw." I can only assume you want to override the dimensions AutoCAD is showing. Can that be done? The answer is "Yes". Would that make the drawing correct? The answer is "No". See post #16 of this thread for the correct dimensions.

Re: Exercise 1.11 you have the wrong diameter on all your circles and your arcs too. I specifically mentioned in my post about this exercise that the original diagram was incorrect as it pertains to the radius 0.50 and 0.30. The radii should have been 5.00 and 3.00 so the bracket would end up looking like the original diagram. See post #26 of this thread to see how this exercise is done. Note the size of the circles and arcs that I used. Compare my drawing to the original diagram.

All the answers to creating these exercises are contained within this thread that you started. Please, go back and look at them. Have a piece of paper and a pencil by your computer when you do. Make a quick hand sketch, copy the dimensions that I have provided and note any values for arcs and circles. You do realize that in some places, in each of your drawings, you completely ignore the dimensions given in the Google book reference you included in your very first post?

Have you spoken to your instructor and told him/her that you are having problems?

Have you asked another classmate for help?

Exercise 1.11 Dims.jpg

Exercise 1.11

Over dimensioned, in my opinion, but I think you need all the help you can get.

I noticed that in the image of this exercise that you posted you decided for some reason to ignore a couple of the dimensions given then turned around and accepted two (the radius of 0.3000 and 0.5000) although I specifically told you that they were wrong and proved it via the finished drawing.

Why did you skip over the other, simple, exercises and decide to try your hand on this one? You should have moved on to Exercise 1.4 or 1.6 in my opinion.

Edited by ReMark

Is correct the 1.1 and 1.2 now?....

What standard is the class using?

I recommended to you that you attach dwg files here - not pictures.

ANSI/ASME y14.41 (American National Standards Institute/American Society of Mechanical Engineers) standards call for 1/8 text height, suppress leading zeros and you have too many decimal places. Most parts are not manufactured to 4 decimal places - typical only for bearing fits and other close tolerance needs. In my experience out on the shop floor less than 10% of machinists can reliably measure to 4 decimal places. Only the best (usually in the grinding department) work on assignments to that tolerance. You are missing gaps between extension lines and object lines in at least a couple of locations.

If you had attached your dwg files I could red-line so that you know exactly what to correct.

While I agree with all of the above re: the "standard" that is or isn't being followed I think frederico has more serious problems at the moment. It is evident from his posted images that math is not one of his better subjects.

Ok i try do the 1.11 Bracket with the Fillet tool just put lines and try and specify r and the radius but i need 3XO1.00 is 3 yes? 3XO1.00 refers to diameter not radius. Yes, the 3X means that there are three holes all with the same diameter.

The FILLET command has an option for Radius. If you haven't used it at all in your drawing the default setting is "0". That is why the corner appears unchanged. To apply a curve one must type "R" for "Radius" then input the desired value. After doing so AutoCAD will ask you to pick the first object (pick a line) then ask you to pick a second object (pick the other line). Make sure your picks are close to the intersection.

The size of the three circles you are asked to draw is shown as a diameter and not as a radius. Do you know the difference between the two?

how can creat the circle with the correct O? To create a circle with the correct diameter start the CIRCLE command and pick where you want the center point to be on your screen. STOP. Look at your command line. AutoCAD prompts: Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]: Type the letter "D" for "Diameter, input the correct value then press the ENTER key.

and i need put lines in the middle of the circle? No. My guess is those lines are the "mark" symbol AutoCAD will add automatically when you use the Dimension > Diameter command.

how can create the 2 lines in the middle to do the correct Radius in the lines with Fillet here is my Image: Haven't I covered this already?

bracketqw.jpg

Your previous image. Note that you have used the wrong radius for the arcs at both ends and you have used the wrong diameter for all three circles. These values were called out quite clearly in the book. If you aren't going to follow the diagram what's the sense in doing the exercise? I assume your instructor is looking for an exact reproduction of each object as depicted in the book right?

BTW...the three circles are located on the centerlines of the object. Two of the circles (the ones at each end) share the same center point as the arcs do. You should have no problem defining the center of each circle if you use OSnaps > Center when making your picks.

Edited by ReMark

Exercise 1.6 Dims.jpg

Exercise 1.6

Fully dimensioned with a couple of overall dimensions thrown in for your benefit.

If you follow my instructions for creating this object (posted previously) you don't actually have to know the length of the angled line to complete the drawing.

frederico: Do you actually have a copy of the book these exercises were taken from? That would be The Tutorial Guide to AutoCAD 2013 - 2D by Shawna Lockhart.

Edited by ReMark

Ok guys i stay in the same way 0 but i tired about this line kill all my week just tired but now is ok because i feel good and i go start to do the homework again and finish this in saturday to sunday.

Thanks for the help and if i have more problem i put here,thanks ReMark and i know after i do all this homeworks i just go to the good way because after i learn this just turn more easy to do the other exercises.

Thanks so muchmi feel help to find a good person here to help me.

That's the spirit frederico! Yes, after you push through this first hurdle it will get a little easier...but only a little. You haven't even scratched the surface of what a person can do with AutoCAD. You have a whole lot more to learn ahead of you. I would highly recommend you find yourself a good tutor, someone who can sit by your side and guide you.

I will try to post fully dimensioned examples of some of the other problems when time permits. If you have questions return here and ask. Should any forum member request that you attach a DWG to a post I would urge you to do so. Sometimes it is easier for us to work with a drawing than it is with an image. Do you know what I mean?

Good luck in your class.

ReMark