Autocad 2013 Begginer problems

fredericofrg

Yes I know.

I told for one friend is so hard to do the homework and he say easy drop the class,but i don`t drop because i want learn this program and my Major is Visual Effects & Motion Graphics have animation in 3D and i know i thing you use 3DSMAX but the math is the same because 3D is Geometry Math.

I want stay in this class and after finish this class i just remember my first homework and laugh about this HAHA.

Ok First One Very correct:

44545799.jpg

Can i ask how can i put the Measures example 2.50 and not 2.50000?

and .DWG:

1.1 Base Plate.dwg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• fredericofrg

• JD Mather

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can change the "precision" (number of decimal places) by opening up your Dimension Style, click on the Modify button on the right, then click on the Primary Units tab. There you will see a box for Precision under the heading Linear Dimensions. Use the black down pointing arrow to access the drop down list. Select what you want (0.00), click OK then click on the Close button.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37020[/ATTACH]

I have determined that Exercise 1.2 can be done in the same manner as 1.1 was. When you get to the end of line number 7 just type "C" for "Close" and AutoCAD will draw line number 8 for you. See below.

Command:

Command: LINE

Specify first point:

Specify next point or [undo]: .5 line 1

Specify next point or [undo]: .7 line 2

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: 1.6 line 3

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: .7 line 4

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: .9 line 5

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: .6 line 6

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: 1.2 line 7

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: C "C" for Close

You should now have two exercises done.

The Line Values is correct?

For Exercise 1.2 refer to post #52 of this thread to see the fully dimensioned drawing.

frederico: A few of your dimensioning picks are too far into the geometry. No need to do that.

For Exercise 1.2 refer to post #52 of this thread to see the fully dimensioned drawing.

frederico: A few of your dimensioning picks are too far into the geometry. No need to do that.

Yes i know that i put far because if i put closer i feel confuse about the geometry but i think now i try create a layer and change the color just for the measures for red or other color and put the Phanton line i think now is better.

I would not advise using Phantom as the linetype for your dimension extension lines. I do like the idea that you created a separate layer for your dimensions. That was smart.

I looked at your Exercise 1.1 drawing and demonstrated, to the right, what I think the drawing should look like. Notice that my dimension extension lines do not overlap my geometry and that I have lined up adjacent dimensions.

1.1 Base Plate-1[rev].dwg

I will be away from my computer for about 20 minutes or so but I will come back and see if you have posted anything further. It is about 5:05 p.m.

Ok i change again now i think is very correct and is not so far the Dimensions and the color i put little transparent to see clearly the geometry now i better and i put the precision to 0.00.

Thanks!

83908208.jpg

Looking good frederico. You will have to put the 0.50 dimension in at the bottom. You can use the Properties palette to turn off the first extension line as it will be right on top of one of the lines for the plate.

Do you know about the Properties palette?

Properties palette.jpg

On the Ribbon, click on the View tab and look for the Palettes panel. Click on the Properties icon. The Properties palette should come up on your screen.

After you have put the 0.50 dimension back click on it then look in your Properties palette under Line & Arrows. Scroll down to the entry for Extension Line 1. It should be "On". Click on the box to the right, use the arrow, select "Off". Press your Esc key. The extension should no longer be visible.

Of course it will depend on how you made your picks in the first place when you created the dimension as to which extension line is "1" and which is "2".

I'll be signing off shortly. I have a dinner engagement to go to shortly. I'll check this thread Sunday morning. Have a good evening.

Edited by ReMark

1.jpg

ok Thanks, i like this Palettes Panel very much ^^.

Ask you one thing i modify the precision to 0.00 how can i save this in all projects because i create new project to do the 1.2 and apear again 0.80000.

1.2.dwg

1.jpg

In the Exercise 1.4 Filter Plate can you help me?

what is this math O1.00-2 HOLES?

See how is my Exercise:

14.jpg

And the Circle and the line how you call?

In the right have the line value 1.0 and up 1.0 to and down and left i can put diferent value? or is the same? in the Cicle in the top?

and why my value in the circle line to the top line is 1.09? how can i put in correct value?

:

14error109.jpg

thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37034[/ATTACH]

Exercise 1.6 is an easy one. Drag the line enter the distance and use the "Close" option to finish it off where the diagonal line is. Shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds. All you need is ORTHO mode turned on and the LINE command.

Start where indicated and proceed in a clockwise direction.

Skip Exercise 1.9 and go directly to 1.11; we'll come back to 1.9 later.

Can i ask why i need start where you put the arrow?

And can you give me the Dimensions of all the lines in the Exercise 1.6 Spacer to compare because i cant find the top line number and the right line number in the top too.

your can you create in my DWG file to compare.

1.6.dwg

Edited by fredericofrg

You can ask ReMark, but he is in your timezone, and online from about 5:00 a.m. until about 7:00 p.m.,

and he is much more than willing to help you, time permitting during those hours.

Despite lingering suspicions that he may be less man than robot,

I sincerely doubt that he is willing to stop sleeping (or charging his batteries) in order to help you do this. :|

Try following his directions, which are very clear, first, do the drawing, and then ask for clarification

another time when he is available online. It is not a good idea to stop working until you get

an answer to that question.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37037[/ATTACH]

Exercise 1.11 is going to require that you enable and make use of the Quadrant OSnap. You can actually calculate the length of lines needed on each side to connect the two end circles saving you the time to Trim or Fillet (with a radius of "0").

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37038[/ATTACH]

I believe the diagram gives the wrong radii for the inner/outer large curves (or "fillets"). Use the FILLET command to create them.

You'll need to use the COPY command. Just make sure ORTHO mode remains toggled as you copy the circle 2.5 units to the left which can be entered at the command line.

How can create Circle with R=1 and DIAMETER=2?

i need use command or what circle?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37037[/ATTACH]

Exercise 1.11 is going to require that you enable and make use of the Quadrant OSnap. You can actually calculate the length of lines needed on each side to connect the two end circles saving you the time to Trim or Fillet (with a radius of "0").

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37038[/ATTACH]

I believe the diagram gives the wrong radii for the inner/outer large curves (or "fillets"). Use the FILLET command to create them.

You'll need to use the COPY command. Just make sure ORTHO mode remains toggled as you copy the circle 2.5 units to the left which can be entered at the command line.

Can you help me with the first image can you give the line numbers?

just for compare se what number i need put up and down:

2.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

The command you want to use is CIRCLE, and a circle with a DIAMETER of 2, already has a RADIUS of 1.

The RADIUS of a circle is a straight line from the center of the circle to any point on the circle.

The DIAMETER of a circle is the length of a straight line which passes through the CENTER of the circle, from one side of the circle to the other.

The RADIUS of a circle is one half of the DIAMETER of the same circle.