Autocad 2013 Begginer problems

fredericofrg

Refer to redline image

dimensions.PNG

Smaller dimensions should be placed inside larger dimensions.

First dimension should be about 3/8" (10mm) from object line, then about 1/4" (6mm) from previous dimensions.

(see the book for the dimension placement)

Leading zeros should be suppressed on inch drawings (but not on metric drawings).

Extension lines should not lay on top of object lines.

Your hole circle appears to be on your dimensions layer.

I would place centermarks (perhaps by diameter dimension) and dimension to centermark rather than hole center for better looking drawing.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• fredericofrg

• JD Mather

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37236[/ATTACH]

Exercise 1.5 fully dimensioned. OFFSET used to locate center points of both circles.

Notice the "aligned" dimension on the portion of the object that is drawn at an angle.

Can you give me the distance and the lines i need move to create the base for after this create the circle or teach me how you find the distance?

thanks.

The lines I used were not moved they were offset. Offset basically makes a copy of the line at a specified distance. I covered the use of the OFFSET command in post #32 of this thread. One could also make use of Polar Tracking and/or Polar Snap but I feel those are features that are best demonstrated in a video. Remember you always have access to AutoCAD Help to get basic information about any command/feature of AutoCAD. Just press the F1 key to access Help.

Post #92 adequately covers the creation of the object called for in Exercise 1.5. Please refer to it.

There are video tutorials both here at CADTutor and elsewhere covering all aspects of AutoCAD. Have you looked at any?

No,i not watch videos yet.

Be honest is possible i finish the this first exercises and do the others 11 exercises to day?

this here:

More homework to do for Monday but i dont done yet with the others i need help with many things yet.

but here is the exercises:

http://books.google.com/books?id=wrT...racket&f=false

Page 87 to 89 less the exercise 2.11 Star Quilt Block

ALL of the exercises on pages 87, 88 and 89 with the exception of the star quilt block? And you need to do these tonight?

You haven't even finished all of the first set of exercises right?

I don't think you will make it in time and because I get up so early ( 3:30 a.m. ) I don't have much longer before I go to bed.

Exercise 2.3M Flange.jpg

Exercise 2.3M Flange

The start of things to come.

Did you know you can draw a line at an angle using Direct Distance Entry right at the command line?

One of the lines was drawn by starting the line command in the center of the circle then when asked for the next point I typed:

@25.0

The other line was drawn by typing @25.0

Remember that AutoCAD has the angle "0" pointing to the right as its default and it thinks all angles should be drawn counterclockwise.

I used the CENTER linetype for my green centerlines and the linetype scale I set to "2" in my Properties palette. Remember the Properties palette?

Hint: Draw one of the angled lines and add the circle then use the MIRROR command to create the one opposite it.

Edited by ReMark

frederico:

I really have to sign off now. Depending on how late you work into the night on this I expect you might still be able to get some help. Dadgad is up early since he is located in a time zone that is something like 12 or 13 hours ahead of us. He should be able to help you. I will check on your progress Monday morning when I get into work before I put on a pot of coffee. Good luck and good night.

ReMark

help me please with the 1.5 Gasket i just cannot understand where i need put the circle and the distance for the line.

frederico:

Go back and take a look at post #92 of this thread (page 10). I have dimensioned the offsets to the centers of both circles just as they appeared in the original diagram. Haven't you used the OFFSET command yet? If you offset the top line 20.00 down and offset the 50.00 line on the left 20.00 to the right you will have located the center of the circle on that side. Once you have done this you have three options. 1) Do the same thing on the other side, 2) use the MIRROR command to create the circle on the right or 3) copy the circle on the left 70.00 to the right (make sure Ortho mode is enabled when you do this).

Haven't you covered these commands in class? You should be familiar with many of the Modify commands by now. When you do a drawing you'll spend a good portion of your time making use of commands like Copy, Trim, Mirror, Stretch, Move, Offset, Array & Rotate just to name a few. You should practice each one of these commands paying close attention to the command line to see what input AutoCAD is expecting from you.

As regards Exercise 1.4 and your second image that can be seen in post #101. Please pay attention to the comments made by JD Mather in post #102. There are some standards one should follow when dimensioning that you have failed to follow. Correct your drawing accordingly. Work that is done incorrectly will not be awarded a good grade by your instructor.

Exercise 1.9.jpg

Exercise 1.9

The most important command you can use in this exercise is the MIRROR command because everything in the top half of the drawing is reproduced as a "mirror image" in the bottom half of the drawing. I would recommend use the midpoint of one of the two sides as the base point for the mirror command.

In this exercise the student is asked to use both the GRID and SNAP commands. I turned off my grid (F7 key) to make objects easier to see when I created this image.

Exercise 2.6 Link.jpg

Exercise 2.6 Link

Mirror or copy command can be used after drawing both circles at one end or the other. I threw in a couple of extra dimensions just for informational purposes. Normally only the dimensions indicated in the diagram from the book are required.

I've looked at some of the other exercises. In my opinion, because you already have had such a difficult time with several of the exercises, even after detailed images are posted and explicit instructions are given, I don't think you have the skills yet to move beyond the very basics. Sorry to be so blunt but you still have a long way to go my friend. I think part of the problem is language related.

Exercise 2.10M.jpg

Exercise 2.10M Lever Crank

The basic procedure I followed.

As with many of these book exercises there comes a time when you run across one that leaves out certain vital pieces of information, like dimensions for instance, that forces the student to make certain assumptions based upon what he/she sees. Such was the case with this exercise. Looking at the diagram and my finished product I am relatively certain I have reproduced the object faithfully but the book's diagram could have provided a little more information.

Edited by ReMark

Hello members!

I would like to introduce myself as CAD drafter and would like to get answers from forum members.

Looking forward to your kind support!

Regards

Michael

OK...feaanalysis.

Not quite sure what prompted you to introduce yourself in the midst of this thread but what the heck. Welcome to the CADTutor forum. What kind of work do you do?

Hello members!

I would like to introduce myself....

if feaanalysis means you do FEA Analysis - you might want to become familiar with the Inventor section of this forum.

AutoCAD does not have FEA functionality, while Inventor does (and Autodesk Analysis, formerly Algor).