Import coordinates from a text file txt (sdr csv) in AutoCAD

BearDyugin

Please use the English language when posting!

The App designer is Russian so I thanked him in Russian. Sorry if I confused anyone not educated in the Russian language.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BearDyugin

• cadplayer

• NEXTMARCUS

• khoshravan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The App designer is Russian so I thanked him in Russian. Sorry if I confused anyone not educated in the Russian language.

The point being, the language of this forum is English.

I had to go and translate etc. etc. to try to determine if it was spam, considering it was your first post.

Thank Drewcad, but honestly I did not feel great pleasure from what you wrote in my native language, quite the contrary, I felt uncomfortable, anticipating comment moderator.

Meracl, very pleased that the program has been helpful to you.

Thank you Geobuilder, you, Lee and Thawart helped me a lot in my tasks here at my school

sorry about my very bad english that can't express how grateful i am :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear GeoBuilder

I downloaded and loaded your LISP.

But most of the boxes are greyed out and I can't choose them.

They become active only when the delimiter is point. But points are part of the number and the delimiter is space.

Also I expect after clicking OK, a line connecting the point, appears but nothing happens. ACAD only construct the layers. How can I make points visible?

A screen shot is attached.

Could you please help me to figure out what is the problem?

GeoBuilderImportLISP.jpg

Edited by khoshravan

Could you please help me to figure out what is the problem?

In your file too many spaces. And when choosing a space divider, to separate the data is calculated each space

Ie In your case

* - space

****1****0.0000000****0.000000****0.00000

****2****0.0000000****0.000000****10.00000

As this file sees the program

_ - nil

_*_*_*_*1*_*_*_*_*0.0000000*...

_*_*_*_*2*_*_*_*_*0.0000000*...

where

#*X*Y*Z*COD*not used*not used*not used*not used...

If the number of spaces is known and fixed, it is possible to separate you select "Other" and enter these spaces

****-delimiter

then the program will understand this:

_****1****0.0000000****0.000000****0.00000

_****2****0.0000000****0.000000****10.00000

Because each line in the file is preceded by a blank, the first term, we still lost, but since you are not using COD, and point out that this COD is empty member

COD****#****X****Y****Z

In your file too many spaces. And when choosing a space divider, to separate the data is calculated each space

Ie In your case

* - space

As this file sees the program

_ - nil

where

If the number of spaces is known and fixed, it is possible to separate you select "Other" and enter these spaces

****-delimiter

then the program will understand this:

Because each line in the file is preceded by a blank, the first term, we still lost, but since you are not using COD, and point out that this COD is empty member

Dear Geo

Thanks for your reply.

The coordinated are calculated in a FORTRAN program (Good old days) so they have a fixed format, F15.7. So the number of spaces are known but differ when goes from one digit to two digits.

Does this help to solve the issue?

Another way is to import them into Excel and save with txt extension.

My 2nd question)

I tried the my own proposed 2nd method and it seems it is successful but I don't see points or lines in the screen.

How can I make points visible?

I want to connect points with line segments to each other. Is there an automatic way to do so?

Thanks in advance

Dear Geo

What is COD?

My lines starts with point number and then x, y,z

This is a 2D layout so all ys are zero.

First point number could be ignored.

I only have x and z to draw the layout

These coordinates, are coordinates of a pipeline layout.

If I succeed this step, in the next step I have to draw the pipeline deformation which a FORTRAN code has calculated.

Am I using the correct software (ACAD) to draw the pipeline layout and its deformation?

By COD he means description ... we Romanians too use that notation for the description of the points in topography!

I.E.:

Pt X Y Z COD

1 105.23 108.27 2.33 CC

Whereas Pt = point number or name, X = northing in meters, Y = easting in meters, Z = altitude in meters, COD = description of point (as in CC would mean "Building corner")

With regards Csaba Arpad Dobai!

The coordinated are calculated in a FORTRAN program (Good old days) so they have a fixed format, F15.7. So the number of spaces are known but differ when goes from one digit to two digits.

khoshravan you could paste the data in a single excel column then use the command: "text to columns" (Data-->Text to Columns), then save as .csv file and use Geobuilder 's program to import the data to autocad. i think that the problem with the spaces can be solved with this.

• 3 months later...

Nagno, pleased that the program was useful.

But I noticed in your description that you use Civil 3D like and so there are very good built-in tool for loading points?

Yes but not my Sokkia's SET530RK .sdrs and I paid 500 E a few years ago for a licenced program to do that. Hence the tears..

How do you use this on AUtocad? I dont speak Russian and it doesnt just says the things you can do, not exactly how to install this and run it on ACAD

Thanks

I look and do not particularly English native.

1) Create a directory on the host PC

2) Download the application if it is archived, then unzip it into this directory

3) In AutoCAD go to settings (command _options) -> tab "File" -> Paths (search) supporting files -> add to this list directory created in the first paragraph

4) Again in AutoCAD go to adaptation (command _CUI) -> create a new command -> in the "macro" copy the macro from the first post of this topic. After the new command is ready, you can drag it to any socket in the same place in adoptatsii thereby create a button with the command

5) If the button made, ​​the command a call by pressing the button

About something like that :D

• 1 month later...

hi,

I would really like to use your program, but i'm a bit stuck! I've downloaded the zip file but i am unable to.: i get the message 'Adobe Reader could not open 'Geo_Import_v2_7.VLX because it is either not a supported filetype or because the file has been damaged......'

Any suggestions how i can get it to work?

Hi (again)

i'm trying to follow your simple steps:

1) Create a directory on the host PC

2) Download the application if it is archived, then unzip it into this directory

3) In AutoCAD go to settings (command _options) -> tab "File" -> Paths (search) supporting files -> add to this list directory created in the first paragraph

4) Again in AutoCAD go to adaptation (command _CUI) -> create a new command -> in the "macro" copy the macro from the first post of this topic. After the new command is ready, you can drag it to any socket in the same place in adoptatsii thereby create a button with the command

5) If the button made, ​​the command a call by pressing the button

steps 1,2,3 are done. step 4 i'm now having problems with.

where is the macro fro the first part of this topic? i cant find it! Please copy/paste it again.

what is adoptatsii?

I'm not familiar with macros so any help would be good.