troubles with cad file imported to 3dsmax

jqq

Hi!

I' m starting with 3ds max design 2013, and I'm having troubles importing a 2013 cad version in to. It happens that in realist view I can only see edges.

The other problem is that the groups or blocks that I made in cad are exploded in max.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you

1.jpg

Here they are cad64, the first shows one building selected as a block, the left one is a block and even a group in cad but in max I can only select shapes at once. Thank you

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Yes, I can see your images. It looks like either your polygons are flipped or you have black as your default color applied to the models.

Open your material editor and just apply a default grey color to your models and see if that helps. Also, try flipping your polygons.

The other problem is that the groups or blocks that I made in cad are exploded in max.

When you import a .dwg file to Max, blocks get converted to VIZBlocks. You can apply an "Edit Poly" modifier to one of the VIZBlocks and make adjustments which will affect the other VIZBlocks in the scene.

If your blocks are coming in exploded then you may have something set incorrectly in your import dialog. I usually set the option to "Derive Autocad Primitives By" to "Layer". Can you post a screen shot of your "Autocad DWG/DXF Import Options" dialog?

Well I tryed what you said about applying a colour and infact it results, but then I miss all the different color for different materials. About the flipped polygons, I think that's what's really happening but I've tried several things, but I couldn't change it, I'me really in the beggining, this language is kind of complicated for me. Thanks to your help, I'll continue trying.

About the flipped polygons, I think that's what's really happening but I've tried several things, but I couldn't change it

In polygon selection mode, window select all the polygons of an object and then click the "Flip" button.

Flip.jpg

You can change the color of an object by selecting it and then clicking the little color swatch next to the object name as shown below. Clicking the color swatch will open the "Object Color" dialog where you can select a color for the object.

color.jpg