Convert wire frame to solid...

capac

First, you only need the base shape, so you can erase the verticals and the top. Create a Region using your base shape and then use Extrude. You don't say which version of AutoCAD you're using so details will vary but essentially, that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
I created this wire frame with lines and polylines, and now I want to turn it into a solid. Any bidders... :)

make face extrude with any height. :glare:

Hope this helps you....:P

Gothic.

• 3 years later...
I created this wire frame with lines and polylines, and now I want to turn it into a solid. Any bidders... :)

Hi,capac

I have the same problem with you.Could you tell you how you solved the problem.Thanks.

You get today's prize for resurrecting the oldest post (circa 2006).

Create the profile of the object. Covert it to a Region. Extrude or Press/Pull the object the required height. Done.

If you Extrude lines and arcs you'll end up with Surfaces. So you must either use Pedit and join everything up as a continuous poyline or use the Region command.

All you need is the base profile - don't need Region, don't need Pedit.....

Simply presspull and click inside the profile and enter height.

It depends what version of AutoCAD you've got.

I'd change the line heights back to zero, region them, and then Extrude it like ReMark suggests..

But then.. I don't have Press Pull on my version.. I wasn't sure if 2008 had it either.

It depends what version of AutoCAD you've got.

My response was intended only for the OP - saw in his info using 2007 or later (presspull was added in 2007 release).

Thanks for hammering that point home JD. I am guilty of some needless pedit use myself.

Old habits die hard - I almost always Pedit myself even though I know it isn't needed and even though I know I have created a clean, closed boundary (it might be advisable for beginners to use Pedit and Extrude as that requires clean boundary).