What is the different between Rhino & AutoCAD?

ica_cici

modelling in autocad is cumbersome, i'm much faster in sketchup. i never tried rendering in autocad, i assuming its also cumbersome
I see. From your post it sounded like AutoCAD was your main modeling application and looking to find a better rendering app.

Can't believe you made the guitar body so smooth looking in AutoCAD 3D, wauw man!

I model stuff in AutoCAD but it all for technical use. No good experiences with rendering like this. It is hard and clumbersome indeed

AutoCAD seems not so developed for this work. Need for a 'hybrid sollution' seems logical to me...

Thanks Halam. Here is the project in full: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?71752-WIP-Modeling-My-Fender-Squier-Stratocaster

I learned a lot, mainly that AutoCAD is not the best tool to do such a project. But I am very happy with the final output. Shows that AutoCAD is still plenty capable. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisdarmanin

• tzframpton

• ica_cici

• Cad64

yes you are right, i used to swear by autoCAD, then i came across sketchup and started using it due to a feature autocad didnt have - shadows. then as i learned it more i loved it more. still nothing will replace autocad 2d

yes you are right, i used to swear by autoCAD, then i came across sketchup and started using it due to a feature autocad didnt have - shadows. then as i learned it more i loved it more. still nothing will replace autocad 2d
If you are in the architectural design industry then you may look at Revit LT. It's as easy as Sketchup (if not easier in some areas) on a fundamental level, but is much more powerful overall, plus has in-application shadows/lighting in the same way Sketchup does.