For each layout, do something (plot)

Glen Smith

I'm trying to modify some code I found here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?62876-Can-you-change-multiple-sheet-plot-settings-at-the-same-time&highlight=plot+multiple+layouts

to my purposes, which is to plot all the layouts in the current drawing to my named printer. Without the setvar line, I get the right number of copies, but they are all of the same layout (whichever one I execute the lisp from). Adding the setvar line errors out the lisp.

(The actual plot command was commented out so I don't keep wasting paper while debugging this code.)

(defun c:qplotall (); Konica Bsize mostly mono all layouts.
   (vlax-for x
       (vla-get-Layouts
           (vla-get-ActiveDocument
               (vlax-get-acad-object)
           )
       )
       (command "setvar" "ctab" x)
;        (command "-plot" "y" "" "KONICA monochrome" "11x17" "Inches" "landscape" "no" "Extents" "Fit" "Center" "y" "MOSTLY MONO LIGHT" "y" "y" "No" "No" "No" "No" "y")
   )
)

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks,

Glen

I just started working on a similar task to print to PDF files. Have you setup a watch window to see what value 'x' is actually being set to as it iterates through the loop.

There is the LAYOUTLIST function that return a list with the names of available layouts:

(setq layoutOld (getvar "CTAB"))
(foreach layoutCrt (layoutlist)
(setvar "CTAB" layoutCrt)
;your action here
)
(setvar "CTAB" layoutOld)

• Like 1

To fix your original code - you need to retrieve the name of the layout from the VLA object; check the VLA-GET-NAME for this. Don't miss the fact that VLA-GET-LAYOUTS function return a list that contains the Model tab, too; you may want to filter it out .

(vlax-for x
        (vla-get-Layouts
         (vla-get-ActiveDocument
          (vlax-get-acad-object)
         )
        )
[b] [color=red](setq x (vla-get-name x))[/color][/b]
[color=red](if (/= x "Model")
 (progn[/color]
  (command "setvar" "ctab" x)
  ;(command "-plot" "y" "" "KONICA monochrome" "11x17" "Inches" "landscape" "no" "Extents" "Fit" "Center" "y" "MOSTLY MONO LIGHT" "y" "y" "No" "No" "No" "No" "y")
 [color=red])
)[/color]
)

And... that satisfies my needs! Many thanks Mircea.

I did have a watch set on x, I could see that it was not a clear text of the layout name, but I had no idea how to get from #

So many things to do, actually learning LISP always seems to take a back seat to getting THIS project done.

Glen