How to fix survey data z offset error?

norbi_nw

I am very pleased it has been successful for you. You have done the work :D

I am not very good at creating lisps, and usually follow what other people have created. When I started, this Forum was not here, so I have not had good tutors :shock:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• norbi_nw

• eldon

• rkmcswain

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the points with the 0 as Z are "bad points".. so we have to edit them and type in a random Z. thats not a big deal, since the one responsible for the error is going to do it :D

hm.. was thinking. Sometimes the Z of the point (the green circle) is lost in the leika, but the text remains (above the point). So is there any way to copy that number into the Z of the point? let's say a LISP with properties like select text, then select point, then it overwrites the Z (whitch is empty).. You know a faster method?

I am a bit puzzled as to the problem, and that data is getting lost in the Leica :?

I would have to know how you get the data from the Leica into AutoCAD.

Could you please post the x,y coordinates of an example of the problem, to save having to thoroughly search your drawing.

Without an example of the dodgy data, it is very difficult to give a proper answer. I looked at your drawing, and could not see any green circles at zero. If the z value was lost, I would expect the green circles to default to zero. Also the text and point numbers do not seem to be at a set distance from the green circle :?

I personally download Leica data with a format that I wrote and insert all points into AutoCAD with a lisp that I wrote, so I keep full control of how the data gets into AutoCAD. Third party applications do it the way that they want, and sometimes it is not the most useful way :cry:

So in this case, I cannot say what has been going on. If you do find out some more, then come back to the forum and ask again.

text and point nr. are not the same dist. because it's hard to see it when there are 30 points in one location. The example to the 0 Z drawing would be correcting a riverbed.. we don't have enough points do we added some, and as we added some, the Z where 0. We had ~100 new points, so we manualy edited the Z's. Or is there a way to "reset" the Z to 0?

When you are adding some 3D lines freehand (filling in points along a river bed), if you don't know the full 3D coordinate, but you know the z value of the point, try using .XY point filters. These allow you to pick the x,y point by picking on the screen then type in the z value. :)