Object Handlers in ACAD and Turbocad

DigitalEra

Hello,

I use Acad and Turbocad selectively. I can't find a way to enable Acad to have object handlers to move and rotate objects. Is there a setting that I can enable to turn this feature on in Acad? I like this feature in Turbocad, but like to have in Acad.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by DigitalEra

Right click on any of your toolbars then tick/check 'modify'. This will give you the modify toolbar with move, copy, rotate, array etc etc

Thanks for getting back. I'm looking for the rectangular handles that surround the object, just like a MS Word handles.

Sample TCAD Handles.jpg

Sample ACAD Handles.jpg

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum. :)

If you are expecting Autocad to supply grips indicating the constraining box, as shown in your first image?

That will not happen with a circle displayed in Autocad. The only grips which are available for a circle (which is not a block entity)

are center and quadrants, as shown in the modelspace image.

Edited by Dadgad

You answered your own questions with your own screenshots: ALL AutoCAD grips appear at only the AutoCAD object snap pints of the AutoCAD object entity types selected.The is no bounding-box option.

Thanks for the responses. The advantage of having handles is that at anytime, I know the virtual center of an object(s), like a polygon or groups of objects. I know the center of a group when I want to move it as well. Acad does't indicate the center of a group of objects when selected. I have to choose a grip point on one object from the many in the same set, but with the virtual center of a group of objects, it makes it a lot easier, and I can easily change the reference grip easily.