solid walls

jester[AUT]

hi all,

my problem is that I ve a white line cross my building outside wall, which shouldt not exist. After Union it happened... How I can remove this line. I ve already tried to the command explode. It's not such a good solution. I want to keep my walls solid.

181012094326_Untitled.jpg

cheers,

jester

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• jester[AUT]

• Dadgad

• the downing effect

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you zoomed in really close to where you joined them?

You may notice that they were not perfectly aligned when you joined them.

If that is the case you can probably fix it with your solid editing tools.

Could it be you have some 2D geometry showing up? A stray line perhaps?

Post a copy of the DWG file and someone here will take a look at it.

It looks like you a have a few stray lines left over from the design process but you would have to move objects temporarily in order to see them.

unbekannt1.PNG

These are just a few of the ones I found on this layer. You might have others on layers that I froze.

Note: I made the lines white so they would show up better in this image.

I found at least one piece of geometry that doesn't seem to fit up right as well on this layer.

There are parts of your geometry that do not line up. I found another one at the front of your house to go with the one I found inside.

Damn...I just found three more.

I'm up to eleven now and that's only on the layer with the main building.

STOP!

My advice is that you reconstruct your house. There are almost a dozen places where your geometry is not consistent with portions of your structure. In some cases you seem to either have a gap or an overlap and in at least two instances parts of the structure have a taper to them. I don't know what your intentions are with this drawing further down the road but if you do not correct these problems now they may come back to haunt you later on. That's just my opinion. If you are happy with what you have done so far then just keep going on your merry way.

unbekannt3.jpg

Every place you see a white sphere is a location where I found an anomaly with your geometry that should be fixed. And this was only at a quick glance. If I studied it in depth I am afraid I would find more of the same. Sorry.

unbekannt4.jpg

Well, I have more bad news for you. I am finding more inconsistencies on other layers. Your furniture (both floors) have some problems. Do you what me to tell you what I found?

could you say me, how I can fix that one in the ellipse? cause this one is obvious. I'm under pressure. I don't have to render it. I only export it into illustratrator and print it from diffrent perspectives.

So far this is what I have found. A thorough review is still in progress however and based upon my findings I don't think you are going to like what I have to report back.

Are you a student? How long have you been using AutoCAD? How much training or experience do you have?

Layer: bt_mobel

Seat cushions too high on sofa and chairs in living room.

The depth (front to back) of the seat cushion on the sofa seems overly long.

One of the legs on the coffee table is not attached.

Of the furniture on the second floor at least one piece does not appear to be actually on the floor (the one at the front of the house). Is it a bed? It floats above the floor.

The dining room chairs and table are not on the floor. They are floating above it.

The dining room chairs have no back just a frame.

The dining room chairs are all comprised of separate 3Dsolids. Were you planning on unioning the pieces together at some point?

The seats of the dining room chairs seem overly long.

The two tables on the second floor (rear of the house) are partially embedded in the rear wall.

Layer: bt_san

The sink at the front of the house, second floor, is partially into the wall instead of against it. So is the bath tub.

The back of the toilet has some problems with the geometry.

There is a toilet seat under the coffee table on the first floor. Why?

;501997']could you say me' date=' how I can fix that one in the ellipse? cause this one is obvious. I'm under pressure. I don't have to render it. I only export it into illustratrator and print it from diffrent perspectives.[/quote']

I hope you're not counting on a good grade.

Fix the one in the ellipse? You mean over the front door?

yes, above the front door. yes, i'm student.

I only used acad for 2d and rhino for 3d. but this time I wanted to try to do something in 3d.

Are you taking an AutoCAD course or is it part of another course you are taking like architectural drafting?

Seeing how it is that you are a real novice at this I'll stop with the critique of your 3D drawing but suffice it to say you have a lot to learn and I suspect you do not have the time to learn it. Am I right? Don't get me wrong. You did fairly well for a newbie but you still have lots to learn to get really good at this.

When is this assignment due?