• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aglaerum

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No one said anything about your educational qualifications. And if we are talking about "circles and lines" it doesn't matter what field you work in. It has no bearing on the subject.

What are you attempting to do? What do you want the end result to look like?

So you have "a real problem". How does this "real problem" affect what you are doing? What are you drawing? Schematics? Layouts? 2D? 3D?

I have discussed this with a coworker, and concluded there is a real problem, I have desided to send it to the CAD department, thank you for your time anyway!

I affects everything i try to snap to circles, I was just trying to defend my statement that there is a real problem, I was not bragging.

You need to stop using Quotation marks, as it may be considered offensive...

Have a nice day.

So what exactly is the CAD problem? Did you find something else? We already proved that the center of the circle ends up on the other circle as desired.

So what exactly is the CAD problem? Did you find something else? We already proved that the center of the circle ends up on the other circle as desired.

I am sure it behaves correctly with you, I replyed to fast when i confirmed it.

Still, my problem is simple!

I snap to a circle and it seems to hit the circumference, I zoom in and it is far off, i do a regen, and it gets better, but not even close tho what it should be.

When i try to snap in the new zoom level, the snapsymbol is so far away it is off the screen.

You see?

I am trying to save you some embrassment here. If the center of the circle does lie on the other circle, we proved that, then there isn't a CAD problem. It is a graphics problem.

I am trying to save you some embrassment here. If the center of the circle does lie on the other circle, we proved that, then there isn't a CAD problem. It is a graphics problem.

I will now save some pictures for you, you wont be able to say there is no problem, 2 sec.

I want to be able to snap to the point where this line meets te Circumference, i does not find a point to snap to, as i zoom in you see its no wonder since the line is not at the Circumference at all.

There realy in no room for saying this is not a problem...

prob3.jpg

prob1.jpg

prob2.jpg

Damn, forgot to crop them, however you clearly see the line does not start at the Circumference, and in the top picture you see the snap symbol is almost off the screen, and YES i did REGEN.

Still not a problem?

Okay, last try. It is a display issue/problem not an AutoCAD or geometry problem. You are barking up the wrong tree. If it is that much of an issue for you then you need better hardware.

okay, so its about some geometrical religon, i see...

well then i will try to belive this problem away...

Having not read all 52 posts, have you tried using the PERPENDICULAR snap, and turning off your NEAREST snap?

And checked your OSNAP settings?

osnaps maybe.JPG

Okay, last try. It is a display issue/problem not an AutoCAD or geometry problem. You are barking up the wrong tree. If it is that much of an issue for you then you need better hardware.

Well i never really said it was a geometrical problem, just some kind of snap problem, funny how there always has to be a sinner...

My hardware is more than capable.

I rather think its a setting issue, and it will be solved tomorrow.

Thank you for your time!

Having not read all 52 posts, have you tried using the PERPENDICULAR snap, and turning off your NEAREST snap?

Yes, I tried all kinds of workarounds, they all hate the Circumference like the pest unfortunately...

Draw a line from the center of the circle that passes through the circumference. Now when you draw your second circle use the intersection of the line and circle as the point to snap to via INTERSECTION and forget using NEAREST.

dadgad: We've tried to pint out that the OP is working in a world of mixed objects (both 2D and 3D) but he wants to ignore the fact.