MEP tool bar not saving in the location that i saved it.

bigalslade

Autocad 2013 Fabrication MEP

I saved my cadmep tool bar and cadmep attacher utils in workspace save. When I start autocad they show up in a diferent location. The attacher will not show at all. Autocad workspace saves the way that I saved it but not MEP.

MEP starts when I start autocad but not how I saved it, in the workspace settings. How can I fix this?

No, it is set on a saved Workspace that I saved. When i close Autocad and restart I open my saved Workspace and the MEP Tool bars should be were i saved them and they

are not. Thanks.

This might be one of those situations where you have to try multiple things to get it working right, since I'm not familiar with the new Fabrication side of things. A few things to consider:

• Get everything set the way you want, then use WSSAVE to Save the Workspace. Overwrite a previous name if you need. Then, go into your CUI, right-click your Workspace, make it "Default" and "Current". Then, Save the *.CUIx file, then click Okay to get out of CUI, then WSSAVE again. Restart AutoCAD to see if that helps.
  • If that still fails (for any reason... it shouldn't), you can use a "Command Switch" in the icon shortcut that always opens in the Workspace you tell it to. I can assist you with this in case you don't know what a Command Switch is.

See if that helps. :)

Thanks for your help

I folowed your directions to a tee and this did not work. I did find a part solution. I made two CUIx files with different names and saved both of them the same, so when i open

Autocad I just click them and it pulls up the way I saved it.

• 3 months later...

Just a guess, could it be that the path in your desktop icon is set to start with a certain profile?

If you rightclick on the icon, and choose properties, you can set AMEP to start with the profile of your choice after xxx /P ..

/Patrik