Autocad 2013 Trial - Interface Quirk And Move Command Bug?

one25IT

I just installed Autocad 2013 as a trial to test it out and I like it.

I noted two flaws in my installation and I was wondering if it's just me/my hardware or if somebody else noted the same behavior.

1. On the ribbon (affects all panels and work spaces) as well as in tool tips the last letters of commands are missing (screenshot).

Autocad2013 - Copy.jpg

2. After working for a while and having multiple objects selected, hitting M + Enter key triggers directly the displacement command and doesn't give me the option of a simple move command. Running the command from the toolbar continues to work as expected.

I would be curious to hear your opinion. Best regards.

Do you have the option checked as in the image, to resize ribbon icons to standard sizes?

I get a tiny bit of clipping on the leading E in EXTRUDE on the Modeling panel, but that is the only one.

Might the software be making a random olfactory assessment of the ambient atmosphere? :D

Might your M+Enter issue be CONTEXTUAL TAB STATES setting driven?

resize ribbon icons maybe.jpg

contextual tab states maybe.jpg

Thanks for your quick response!

Changing the resize ribbon option didn't make a difference. Good guess though!

The move command works fine when launching from toolbar/ribbon; it sporadically skips the displacement choice when going with keyboard commands (mostly when larger drawing portions are selected).

Thanks for your quick response!

Changing the resize ribbon option didn't make a difference. Good guess though!

The move command works fine when launching from toolbar/ribbon; it sporadically skips the displacement choice when going with keyboard commands (mostly when larger drawing portions are selected).

Might it be your COORDINATE DATA ENTRY PRIORITIZATION setting?

coordinate data entry prioritization.jpg

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 (recommended); my text size is 110% (custom).

You think this could be the problem? I'll give it a try and I'll let you know. Thanks!

What is your screen resolution, and how big is your text size? 100, 125 or 150%?

Thanks edwinprakoso, that was it!

I changed text size to 100% and it worked, than I changed it to different values (125% etc.) and they worked too. Finally I changed it back to my original value of 110% (custom) and even this was working now.

That is to say, simply changing text size back and forth got rid of the display issue. Great job, edwinprakoso.

THIS THREAD IS SOLVED!

P.S.

Some letters are still missing using different custom text sizes. Everything reads normal with Windows standard text sizes. Text size therefore definitely is the cause of this issue.

Just a lucky guess 8)

Glad to hear that it solves your problem :)

I had this problem before some light years ago. I never had it again now.

It might be because you set it to 110% before you install AutoCAD, and it failed to recognize the display setting. But if you adjust the text size after you install it, the problems goes away. Just a guess, tough...