Need help generating a simple mesh

hasuchobe

Hi. I've never used AutoCAD before but I'm trying to generate a sphere with triangular meshing. I'd like for the sphere to be centered relative to the coordinate axis. I'd also like to know the simplest way to export the data such that I can go in and process the coordinates, faces, and what not without too much trouble.

Thanks!

I'm trying to write some method of moments code for EM simulation and I need to be able to generate shapes with triangular meshing. The resulting mesh for particular objects is important but I'm still working on implementation at the moment so I'm not worried so much about details like that yet. And you're gonna have to be more explicit with your instruction as I have literally just started using autocad for the first time yesterday and can barely navigate the UI. I have a sphere but I can't seem to force it to mesh using just triangles. In the mean time, I have found something else that will generate a triangular mesh sphere that I can use for now. However, I'd like to be able to design arbitrary meshes in autocad in the future.

• 1 month later...

I believe you could use the information in my Autodesk University 2012 class which deals with the creation and modification of AutoCAD MESH entities.

These classes are a series of videos which you can watch at http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=au_player#1%0:3202

You can see an example of coding tetrahedral hexahedral and dodecahedral meshes.

These are NOT the legacy Polygon or Polyface meshes, but the new MESH (aka Subdivision Surfaces) entities.