Problem with command: previous

seetzer7

I have recently started working with the german version of AutoCAD 2012 and the "previous" command doesn't seem to work right. When I use the command it selects my previous selection and then asks me to select more objects and when I press enter it cancels the command all together.

Here is the code from the macro:

$M=$(if,$(getvar,cmdactive),,_select;)_p

Wondering if someone can either tell me how to fix it or send me the correct code so I can once again use this very practical resource.

Edited by SLW210
Added CODE TAGS!!

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Why not just use the SPACEBAR or ENTER to repeat the last command?

The behavior you describe is how mine works too, P recalls the previous selection set, and I use it all the time.

Or you can right click, and the previous command should be right there at the top of the right click shortcut menu.

The problem is not that I need to repeat the last command it is that the command 'previous' will not hold my previous selection so that I can continue working with it. Before, when I would use this command, it would select my previous selection of lines and then I could choose a command and continue working, but now the command previous stays open and wants me to choose more objects and when I hit enter I lose my selection and therefore have to re-select everything individually if I want to work with my previous selection again.

pickadd = 2

the posted code doesn't quite do what I want. I want it to simply select my previous set of lines automatically. I shouldn't have to pick them myself. Then I will choose what command I want. I don't want to select a set of lines and repeat the previous command, I just want to have my previous set of lines automatically selected for me.

pickadd = 2

the posted code doesn't quite do what I want. I want it to simply select my previous set of lines automatically. I shouldn't have to pick them myself. Then I will choose what command I want. I don't want to select a set of lines and repeat the previous command, I just want to have my previous set of lines automatically selected for me.

If I understand you correctly then this is what I use for that same circumstance:

SELECT;PREVIOUS;;

It can be used on its own to quickly make the previous lines part of a new active selection:

^C^CSELECT;PREVIOUS;;

Or I also use it frequenty inside macros where I want to keep the selection active so I can keep working on those objects:

^C^CJUSTIFYTEXT;TL;SELECT;PREVIOUS;;