• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DashaB

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• samifox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking out of the box, I would try disabling all legacy and annotation as you can find in the Option

Save and Open, and try to resale it

There are no annotations or anything like that.

I am willing to share the file, just not sure which way to go with that, cause right now my min file size for it is 18.5 MB

Edited by DashaB

What is your ISAVEPERCENT set to?

If it is not set to 0, then set it to zero and do a SAVE.

Are you using ADAPTIVE DEGRADATION?

If not it would likely help, not the file size, but speed of operations.

Set your FPS threshold to 60, instead of the default value of 5.

ISAVEPERCENT variable setting.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

ISAVEPERCENT was set to 50. Changed it to 0 and it still took about 14 seconds to do a save.

I am using adaptive degregation.

Also as a side note, I am not sure if I mentioned that this problem has only begun happening since our office switched to 2013 and it is office-wide.

And how big is the file after doing a clean (ISAVEPERCENT 0) save?

I just realized that I had failed to include the attachment to my previous post.

The very first thing I noticed is you have a 18.1MB CAD drawing and there isn't a single block. Just lines, circles, and lwpolylines. Was this intentional?

7155 individual objects.

No can tell. I'm holding out for the big bucks or a job offer.:lol:

Knowing you Dadgad I'm pretty sure your next post will contain the answer. You're just that smart.

I actually just downloaded it, and was hoping to NOT hear how you did it without taking a shot. :thumbsup:

That should certainly speed that file up a wee little bit!

When (not if) you trim the fat on that file just post a screen shot similar to the one I did. I trust you not to pull a fast one. Don't keep me in suspense. I'll have another cup of coffee while you perform your magic. See you soon.

When (not if) you trim the fat on that file just post a screen shot similar to the one I did. I trust you not to pull a fast one. Don't keep me in suspense. I'll have another cup of coffee while you perform your magic. See you soon.

I appreciate your vote of confidence, but I am on my big unit, which only has 3GB ram, and it keeps running out of memory, hanging and crashing before I can even get it open.

I did start to delete the 75 or so saved modelspace views I found in it, but the computer went belly up right after doing it.

My 5 year old son is using the Dell which could probably handle it, as it has 8GB of RAM, but I'm not gonna burst his bubble to do it.

My son has just thrown in the towel and headed off to bed, I will try once more on the Dell.

So now we know who really does the work in the family and it isn't you.:shock: Tell your son we need his assistance.:lol: You can go back to playing Chutes and Ladders.:P

I didn't even bother deleting the saved modelspace views so you can stop what you're doing.

Your son isn't playing World of Warcraft by any chance? I think I just saw his avatar run by me. Wait! Dadgad Jr.! It's me....ReMark. Can we talk?

Having deleted the 15 or so saved layer states, and now the Dell has gone comatose ... a virtual van winkle.

So what did you find, I don't have the patience for this, I am very hot and tired.

What did you do?

After changing the ISAVEPERCENT to 0, the file was still the same size (18MB).

The adaptive degradation is set to 60.

When we set up baseplans we get rid of blocks to get the file to have the right look that we need it to have (if you have like 50 different blocks, editing each one to have the properties we need would take too long).

As for cutting down the file size.. You mentioned something about Modelspace views? I don't see any of those when I load my file. Also, this problem occurs ONLY in 2013. I think it can easily be fixed in 2012, and we can cut down on the sizes in 2009 no problem, but the issue is that we dont want to HAVE to go into an older version to accomplish this..