Title blocks in Layout Wizard?

design101

When I start the layoutwizard and proceed to the insert title block the only choice I have is none. I have several title blocks created and cannot remember where to tell Cad to look. I just setup a new PC and installed AutoCad 2011. any help would be appreciated.

yes, I had these working with old PC. I exported my profile from old sytem and imported it on new system. AutoCad 2011 on both systems. Title blocks are dwg files i created and stored server.

yes, that part is setup correctly. it is pointing to the location on my server. the strange thing is that my co-worker had autocad 2012 and i imported his profile and the title blocks showup but my ribbon looses all data. could it be a problem with the installation?

• 3 months later...

In the layout wizard the templates don't show. I know they are in the correct folder. If I "open" the template it is visible but not when trying to us it in the wizard.

The path is good but you don't see your template. Could it be that it does not have a DWT file extension?

Have you tried setting the default template file name for QNEW from 'None' to whatever the name of your template is?

Silly question, but if you're not able to see your template, have you checked the 'Files of type' option at the bottom of the Select template dialog?

ct_new.dialog.options.png

EPI Titleblock 11X17 (2-26-13).dwt

Not sure what u mean by QNEW

Take a look at post #4.

QNEW basically tells AutoCAD what the default template should be used when starting, what else, a new drawing.

My layout started working correctly never figured why it wasn't.

With that said, I did find an easier way of accomplishing the same

thing. I created the layout in paperspace. Set page setup correctly.

Now I use design center and insert the layout. Saves a lot of time.