How to find out which template I used

Aliteecl

Hello!

I started a drawing a week ago but am not sure I used the right template. Is there a way to find out which template I used?

I tried using DWGPROPS and STATUS but neither of these mention which template I used to start the drawing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. UNITS and DIMSTYLE do not show which template was used.

I have used many different templates since starting this drawing and the folder that contains templates has 6 other templates, so another suggestion above will not work.

I guess there is no way to determine which template was used to start a particular drawing.

Is there a way to contact the AUTOCAD guys directly where they answer queries from the public?

Thanks

Why do you need to know? There are only a few things in those templates. A simple comparison of UNITS and DIMSTYLE should give you enough information to determine which one.

Because we were supposed to use the 24 x 36 imperial template. I'm sure I used the correct one, but when I go to plot preview, it defaults to the 11 x 17.

Thankyou for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked. UNITS and DIMSTYLE do not show which template was used.

I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone suggested UNITS. -dwgunits IS NOT UNITS

Also a look at dimstyle can indicate whether imperial or metric template was used. (but you have to know what to look for)

If a custom template was used.....

Post screen shot of what you see when you enter -dwgunits (might expand the command line a few lines).

-DWGUNITS.png

Because we were supposed to use the 24 x 36 imperial template. I'm sure I used the correct one, but when I go to plot preview, it defaults to the 11 x 17.

All my borders and other drawing resources are in one template file.

If -DWGUNITS can be set from UNITSs. What is the difference, teach?

When I type in UNITSs I get Uknown command.

I don't know how to get access to the same settings available in -dwgunits in units.

Can you post screen shots teaching me how?

Can you post screen shot of you Page Setup Manager? (right click on the Layout you need to plot and select Page Setup Manager - then click on Modify. Hit Alt Print Screen. Open MS Paint and hit Ctrl V and save the file as Printer.png attach the file here.)

Aliteecl

I think the quick assumption was that this was a metric/inch question.

You could simply start a new file with what you know is the correct template and copy/paste from the original file to the new file.

Edited by JD Mather

Change this and then check to see what happens in DWGUNITS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38678[/ATTACH]

Ahh, you are using a dialog box where I am using command line commands. Been so long since I used AutoCAD I don't even know how to get that dialog box shown in your posted image.