Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-H-

• tzframpton

• RobDraw

• Lee Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

What is best practice for drawing (MEP Co-ordination etc..) do you draw floor by floor or do you draw all the services on one floor and move on?

Ive got all one floor complete of Vent and just wondered what it would be best to do, move on to other floors vent or try and fit the containment in on the same floor

I'm not sure there would be a best practice. I think that would depend on the project and personal preference. I recently did a project that had very strict requirements because a lot of spaces did not have ceilings. It was extremely helpful to go floor by floor or even room by room as the spaces were familiar. Making changes later on required me to refamiliarize myself with the spaces. In a building where there is plenty of space to work with, I find it easier for sizing purposes to draw entire systems.

I'm not sure there would be a best practice. I think that would depend on the project and personal preference. I recently did a project that had very strict requirements because a lot of spaces did not have ceilings. It was extremely helpful to go floor by floor or even room by room as the spaces were familiar. Making changes later on required me to refamiliarize myself with the spaces. In a building where there is plenty of space to work with, I find it easier for sizing purposes to draw entire systems.

Didnt think there was really, but just wondered how people do things.. I think im just gonna get the vent finished as I think I 'should' have enough space for the containment etc..

I am forever cutting sections whilst drawing, think I could do with another screen..

I am forever cutting sections whilst drawing, think I could do with another screen..
There's nothing wrong with that. All of us utilize Section Views on a regular basis while designing. Some people have their own workflows to decipher "working views" vs "plotting views". I know a guy who puts two asterisks before the View Name to delineate it as a "working view". Me personally, I have a parameter in place that reorganizes the Project Browser as "Model" and "Plot".

This way you can have as many "working views" as you want to help design the model portions of the MEP design. Also, use 3D Views when you can as well. Do this while having Section Views open and you can really start gaining some momentum while coordinating your design as well.

2nd monitor is almost a must with Revit. But that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. :)