Insert 3dsmax .max "Blocks" into a 3ds Max Scene

nicolas

Hi,

I have downloaded number of .max files containing 3D Furnitures like Beds, Chairs, Tables... that I want to insert into my 3ds Max scene. So far without success. I am using 3dsmax 2013. I have tried Import>Merge and References>Xref object and after many tryouts still no success. I can't see the objects in the scene.

Yours help is greatly needed.

Regards,

Nicolas MARIE

These are Max files, with a .max extension? If so, they should import via the "Merge" option. Immediately after merging, perform a "Zoom Selected" and the viewport will zoom in on the newly merged object. It's very important that you zoom right after merging, while the object is still selected, so make sure you don't click anywhere in the viewport or on any other objects.

If that doesn't work, post one of these files here and maybe someone will be able to check the model on their machine.

• 2 weeks later...

just drag the .max file into your view port and the rest is self explanatory. also before importing any furniture object or thing for your scene open it and group all objects. delete unnecessary objects and once grouped move the pivot point to the lowest point in your model. then move your model to 0,0,0.