MEP-Determining Total Pipe length

McParlane_Erica

I have a CAD file that has all the pipe drawn in 2D. I want to be able to determine the total amount of pipe shown on the drawing to help determine my system size. As in a typical piping drawing there are breaks in the pipe as it over laps and it branches of in different directions. The pipe is all on the same layer and just drawn with basic lines. I know you can us the 'list' function to get the length of a selected line but is there a way to get the total length of all the lines drawn in a quicker fashion than adding them all up individually?

I'm very new to CAD and trying to learn how to use it on the job. I'm trying to find ways to be more efficient! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

This was posted in the MEP section, and in your profile it says you are using AutoCAD MEP 2013. So by you stating that you have a "CAD file that has all the pipe drawn in 2D", are you meaning the 2D linework is standard, normal AutoCAD entities, or are you using the 2D Schematic MEP Tools for running Plumbing Pipe? Can you clarify a bit further, possibly even upload a drawing, or example drawing, so we can further assist?

:)