Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me the best way to fill in the two quadrants in the benchmark symbol. I have it drawn with the intersection but everytime i use the solid command it only fills in a triangle in that quadrant of the symbol

Can someone help with scaling my border around the drawing. I have saved the border as a block and have not been able to make any progress from there. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Every time I try to insert it into the drawing I cannot scale it to the subdivision. Please help!

Thanks once again! One more question, how do you change the paper space color? I notice in the threads that it is black. You can definitely see the border better with it being yellow.

• 1 month later...

I am almost done.. Just need one more thing which is the preparing for plotting part... I need help starting this section...

Just draw it in model space an zoom in? It also says inches when describing the sections but the dimensions for the drawing are in feet, also with units wide for the margins.

Penn-Foster has the student draw the title block and border in inches then it is scaled to fit the drawing. This is the old school method. Basically it means that when it comes time to plot the user will have to enter an appropriate scale (for example 1"=60') in the plot dialog box.

• 1 month later...

I have managed to make it to this point in my Olsen project, Thank you, very much Remark for all the time you put in at helping. I was going to post a PDF of my drawing so far so that I could get some feedback as to if I have it wrong or if I am on the right track, but I hit a snag. I converted and saved my drawing to PDF, but when I open to view it is very hard to see any of my drawing as if it's transparent. Is there a setting to make my drawing darker or is there a better format to use when posting drawings.

Thank you to all the members for your posts and experience sharing, I would not have made it to this point if it were not for this site. I try to lay low and browse the old posts to find my answer and it works with all the experts on here helping, and taking time out to answer our questions. Remark, THANK YOU again... I have learned more from you and this site than all my 8months so far at Pennfoster.:)

Ok, at the last minute I noticed the formats that are allowed to be uploaded. I will get it formatted to jpeg and we can go from there...

Marksay: Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks.

I find that the PNG or JPG file type is much better than trying to post a PDF file.

:unsure:Here is what I have so far, I need to go back to your details on FILLETS on the bends. I think all of my FILLETS are wrong but know for sure the cul-de-sac Fillet is for sure.Oleson Village Practice Plat 1-Model.jpg