Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

On the home tab you will see "scale". Under mirror. See it? Follow prompts.

Yeah I saw the scale button but I guess its the prompts that are confusing. Where is the base point supposed to be? I can't seem to change it like the book calls it out ex. 1:1, 10:1, 40:1 etc...Also is it supposed t obe just around the layout of the entire village or what? The book seems very vague in a lot of these.

The basepoint can be wherever you want it to be but a good CAD tech will usually pick somewhere on the geometry (a corner for example) using his/her OSnaps.

P-F fails to mention the exact scale factor instead opting for the vague "scale to fit" description. Start with 40 and increase/decrease in units of 10.

Of course the border is supposed to fit around the entire subdivision and adjacent roads. Anything else would look rather odd don't you think?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

ReMark I cant begin to thank you enough for your brains. This thread and many of the others have GREATLY helped me this past week. My initial problem was just trying to find the lines because the drawing was so big and i thought i was doing something wrong. With your boundary and reference line tip was able to see the line! Then from there if i hit a snag i would refer back to here and the screenshots and images as well as the tree,north point, and bar scale blocks were very helpful tp speed the process up! I just cant thank you enough!!! I know i deffinetly will be back with the next drawing it will be the Structural project. Thank you thank you Remark!!

Edited by TwistedNuggz

TN: I am glad to hear you found some of my replies helpful. Thank you for your kind words. And welcome to the CADTutor forum.

Regards,

ReMark

hey guys ineed help with this Oleson project can any one help me and would the info on here help me complete this project.i have just few days before course expire. link me

Edited by kingBenz

There is more than enough information in this and some other threads about the Oleson Village project to complete it. If you have specific questions please ask and we'll try our best to answer them. It is better to have the conversation here than to exchange questions/answers via email as it benefits everyone who reads these posts.

hey remark,

i have a copy of my project i hv started and need your help to know if im on track .send me ya email add so i can email u it. dont put the hole email add ,example remark@hot

I don't post my email address in the forums but I can post it where visitors to my profile can view it but I won't leave it displayed all day. When are you most likely to visit CADTutor?

Where are you located?

• 3 weeks later...

I have posted most if NOT all my drawings. go check them out. next This title block you need to make into a template. you will you the same one for all of your remaining drawings. any more questions let us know.

on top of the numbers you will see print screen. while you have the section of your drawing zoomed in on what you need help with push that button. Next you will open up paint. under file you will see Paste. click paste and you will see you the picture in the paint window. practice a few times. then file save or save as. name it. also make a folder on your desttop to keep all you screen shots in. try it

Hondatek:

kingBenz submitted this drawing for a grade and was told to basically do it over. In other words, P-F would not accept the drawing nor give him a grade on the one he submitted. What he wants is to try and salvage the drawing that he has but it is so riddled with errors that, in my opinion, he should start over from scratch. Had he done this a days ago when I first reviewed and commented on his drawing he would be done by now. Instead he wanted to argue the point at which time I took a second look at the drawing but reached the same conclusion. Let me list just some of the problems with the drawing.

-Centerlines are not accurate.

-Streetlines are not accurate.

-Distances on some property lines are incorrect.

-The widths of some of the rights-of-ways are incorrect.

-Trees are in the wrong locations.

-The curbs, sidewalks and parking strips are incorrectly located on the outside of the R.O.W.

-The title block and border is done incorrectly.

I was asked if I could provide the student with the correct locations of all trees. Even if I did (Disclaimer: I don't give finished drawing content to students) what good would that have done if everything else is incorrect?

Bottom line: This student's drawing needs a do over...bad.

Edited by ReMark

• 4 weeks later...
Which thread would help me with constructing "my border,title block and layers.

Refer to page 3, of the Oleson Village PDF and Table 1 where you'll see a list of Layer Names along with the recommended Color and Linetype to assign to each layer.

Refer to pages 16 and 17 specifically the heading "Preparing the Plat Map for Plotting" for instructions on how to draw the title block and border. There are 12 steps listed.

It doesn't get much easier than that.

• 3 months later...