Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

On 7/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, ReMark said:

You have come to the right thread.  Go back to the very first page and look at the second post.  Then move on to my subsequent posts.

Oleson Village strikes again! It's amazing to see how long this has been creating havoc...with very little changes over the years.  By following this thread, I've been able to just about get my drawing completed. The only thing I have left to do is the text for property line lengths/bearings etc. Is it ok to get the info from LIST and enter values using TEXT? Or do they want use to use DIM? I'm driving myself crazy...

Thanks for any insight!

There is no reason you could not use the LIST command.  Just double check the distances and bearings against those called for in the instructions.  The entered information should be parallel to the various property lines.  

• 2 months later...

You do realize that some of the purple lines are merely there for reference purposes do you not?  I am speaking specifically about those purple lines that represent the centerlines of the roads.  The three purple lines to the right of the cul-de-sac would be changed to cyan when moved to the correct layer.

Edited by ReMark

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Swatson9041 said:

How do I know the bearing of the western boundary

The bearing for the western boundary of the subdivision is S2d28'56"W.  If you have already drawn in the other three boundaries then it is only a matter of drawing a line from the west end of the north boundary line to the west end of the south boundary line since Oleson Village consists of only four property lines.

20 hours ago, Swatson9041 said:

I hope you don’t mind helping. I’m confused. When I punch in the @113.66 I get an error saying that I need to specify point or keyword. 

First you start with the Line command and proceed to draw a line from the coordinates for the benchmark specified in your instructions .  Then putting aside your mouse momentarily turn to your keyboard on the line that says "Specify next point" type in @113.66<N5d27'23W followed by pressing the Enter key.  

• 10 months later...

Did you fail to read through the posts contained within this thread?  Your boundary issue is addressed therein.  

Re: Boundary layer.  Look at your instructions.  I think it is page 2.  The student is given a list of layer names, the color to be assigned to the layer and the linetype to be assigned.  The Boundary layer makes use of the color Cyan and the Phantom linetype.  You need to be drawing the Oleson boundary on the correct layer in order for the color and linetype to agree with the instructions.

12 hours ago, Tay said:

While I appreciate your help I am struggling with this and I did read..... my project instructions does not have a "Boundary" layer to create.... 

Then shouldn't you create one?  Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do?  The Oleson Village project has been a staple of the P-F AutoCAD curriculum for years.  I doubt they would decide to eliminate the Boundary layer at this point in time.  Use the criteria I posted above re: Boundary layer and get to work.

17 hours ago, Tay said:

While I appreciate your help I am struggling with this and I did read..... my project instructions does not have a "Boundary" layer to create.... 

Email the Penn foster instructor. I did early this year and some of the instructions were missing. All I can remember was it was something at the very beginning of the drawing and if you don’t get it right it throws the whole drawing off!

In response to your message we have reviewed the project instructions on your student portal and it appears that there is one section that does not display correctly. While a correction is being made I have attached a file which contains the "missing bullet" items showing the distances and bearings required for the last two subdivision boundaries.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions and keep in mind you can always attach your actual .dwg drawing file in a message for review to make sure you are on the right track.

Sincerely,
Jon D.
Instructor

4 main subdivision boundaries.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...