Labels and Tags in sections views

hoss

Hi,

I was wondering it is possible to show the Lables and tags in sections views.

I have created a construct (not a job, just trying to learn), which consist of few different pipes ( in different systems and sizes) and few valves.

Then used MEP lable with "Standard - with system label" and labled all the pipes.

Then created a view in Project navigator and have everything with lables showing up.

In View I tried to create a section (Vertical section), but none of the lables show up in 2D section/Elevation view.

I checked the style manager and disply manger, but can't find anything.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

Hmm, I don't think it is, but I only tried a few different options. Well, it works for me, but not in the fashion that you're using it. I set everything up and used the Live Section instead of a normal Section and it worked in the Construct but not in the View. The way it worked only was when I changed the orientation of the model to a Front View. But then the objects don't look the way you need, either.

I'm at a loss on this one. Not that it matters in your situation, but Revit does this perfectly with absolute ease and is primarily the program I use anymore.

Thanks for you reply

knowing that not all people have revit, and we need to supply our customers with an electronic copy of the as installed drawing in plain CAD format, is it easy to convert the revit drawings ino plain 2D cad files.

I need to invest in a new PC (for home) and try Revit. My current pc is not powerfull enough to run revit. Can't install at work pc, don't have admin right and our PCs are check on daily bases for softwares we have installed.

I need to see if I can use the package before suggesting it to my manager.

Thanks again for your help

knowing that not all people have revit, and we need to supply our customers with an electronic copy of the as installed drawing in plain CAD format, is it easy to convert the revit drawings ino plain 2D cad files.
Absolutely. File > Export > AutoCAD. It's as easy as that. You can export 3D or 2D, with absolute ease.

If you're interested in Revit, you can download the full program and test it out for 30 days. After the 30 days, it simply turns into a "viewer" but you still have full functionality, only you can't save or export anything. AutoCAD based applications will completely lock you out after 30 days. So there's a 100% financially free obligation to Revit which anyone can appreciate. Just so that you're aware. :)

I will say, Revit is great, but for designers in the contracting industry it can seem like it's the worst program imaginable. It takes time to get used to. For designers in the engineering market, Revit makes total sense. I've been on both sides of this fence and if I had to choose, I'll always choose Revit without hesitation. But, I've been able to work past the initial growing pains in understanding the concept of Revit.

Hope this helps. :)