Tunnel Design in Revit Need Urgent Help

ShadabKhan

REVIT

"Autodesk® Revit® software is specifically built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), helping building professionals design, build, and maintain higher-quality, more energy-efficient buildings."

Why would you use Revit to build a tunnel? What kind of tunnel are you talking about? Would it be for vehicles or is this "tunnel" more like a passageway that utilities like steam, water, electric might be run through?

We need more information.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I would like to create tunnel for vehicle and i want to create under groung tunnel for metro and other vehicle.

My client asking me that he can use Revit Structure for Tunnel design and tunnel structure.

also have attached a file of curved beam detailing. can we give curved beam rebar detailing in revit Structure and how?

he has given me tunnel profile i am attaching dwg file kindly see.

Thanks,

REVIT

"Autodesk® Revit® software is specifically built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), helping building professionals design, build, and maintain higher-quality, more energy-efficient buildings."

Why would you use Revit to build a tunnel? What kind of tunnel are you talking about? Would it be for vehicles or is this "tunnel" more like a passageway that utilities like steam, water, electric might be run through?

We need more information.

STD-TMPL-BT_2451.dwg

PCS_REINFORCEMENT-SEGMENTS-TYPE B.dwg

Thanks,

Would you suggest any other software for design and detailing of tunnels.

Thanks,

Personally I think this is beyond the scope of the software and by the sounds of it, your expertise level also.

FYI the reinforcement drawing which THINKS it is drawn in mms?

It is really drawn in INCHES, as revealed by running the -DWGUNITS command.

If you use the -DWGUNITS command at the commandline, (hit F2 before running the command) the prompts will

walk you through resetting the database & insert units, and a bunch of other stuff, and

it will rescale the drawing to the correct actual 1:1 full size.

Safe to guess the other one may be similarly afflicted, but I didn't open it, so strictly conjecture.

I'm guessing this won't be dug by one of those gigantic tunnel boring machines.

I'm trying to figure out all of the different types of commercial enterprise, individuals, and such that might reasonably require the building of unregulated & undocumented tunnels, in the still of the night?

Good luck, hoping you don't need it. :D

Edited by Dadgad

Revit Structure is more than capable of designing the examples shown in the DWG files. Just use a normal Extrusion on a profile, then use the Rebar tool to place all your reinforcements. Align some of the beams and done.

:)

Dear,

I got this drawing from my client and whatever method they are using to draw this drawing i dont know. they are asking me that curved beam reinforcement detail is possible in Revit Structure or not.

can you please guide me is it possible in Revit Structure.

Thanks,

FYI the reinforcement drawing which THINKS it is drawn in mms?

It is really drawn in INCHES, as revealed by running the -DWGUNITS command.

If you use the -DWGUNITS command at the commandline, (hit F2 before running the command) the prompts will

walk you through resetting the database & insert units, and a bunch of other stuff, and

it will rescale the drawing to the correct actual 1:1 full size.

Safe to guess the other one may be similarly afflicted, but I didn't open it, so strictly conjecture.

I'm guessing this won't be dug by one of those gigantic tunnel boring machines.

I'm trying to figure out all of the different types of commercial enterprise, individuals, and such that might reasonably require the building of unregulated & undocumented tunnels, in the still of the night?

Good luck, hoping you don't need it. :D

Hi,

I am trying to give the reinforcement details and facing lots of problem you have some tutorials or vedio to give curved reinforcement detail in Beam.

Thanks,

Revit Structure is more than capable of designing the examples shown in the DWG files. Just use a normal Extrusion on a profile, then use the Rebar tool to place all your reinforcements. Align some of the beams and done.

:)

Dear,

I got this drawing from my client and whatever method they are using to draw this drawing i dont know. they are asking me that curved beam reinforcement detail is possible in Revit Structure or not.

can you please guide me is it possible in Revit Structure.

Thanks,

I am not REVIT savvy, but Stykface certainly is, and he has given a brief overview of the

techniques one might want to use to accomplish this using Revit in his post.

Hi, I am trying to give the reinforcement details and facing lots of problem you have some tutorials or vedio to give curved reinforcement detail in Beam.
Use the Detail Line or Model Line tool to create your Arc:

01.png

02.png

Start the Beam tool. Use the Pick Lines option:

03.png

Now select the line. Easy as pie. :)

04.png

As for your Rebar, you can use the Rebar tools but my suggestion would be simply to just draw it in with 2D Linework once you've got your sections and other Views set up. Revit doesn't have to be 100% 3D all the time. Just utilize the 3D functionality the best you can then polish it off with 2D Linework. As you get more familiar with the program, you'll start attempting more sophisticated tools that Revit has to offer.

Thanks dear,

but I am talking about concrete beam as per AutoCAD Drawing which I uploaded. I have Draw Beam but Unable to give Rebar Detail in curved concrete Beam.

Thanks,

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

As for your Rebar, you can use the Rebar tools but my suggestion would be simply to just draw it in with 2D Linework once you've got your sections and other Views set up. Revit doesn't have to be 100% 3D all the time. Just utilize the 3D functionality the best you can then polish it off with 2D Linework. As you get more familiar with the program, you'll start attempting more sophisticated tools that Revit has to offer.

I just explained to not worry about the reinforcement. If you want to attempt it, then that's fine, but use the Sketch method instead. Revit Help has a lot of detailed explanation regarding Rebar. But, once again, I'll suggest to not worry about the Rebar Tool as it will only cause major problems and frustrate you, due to the nature of this type of design. You have to crawl before you can walk and you're attempting some very complicated reinforcement tasks.

Dear,

Kindly see attached file. I want to give rebar detail in curved concrete beam.

Thanks,

2.jpg

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

1.jpg

Hi,

I want to create Truss in my Circular Beam. How can i do this???

Kindly see attached file.

Thanks,

T2.jpg

If all you're doing is using Stirrup Rebars then just use the Maximum Spacing option so it spans all the way across the beam. :)

T1.jpg

Hi,

I am Trying to creat cross beam between two beam it is not creating due to curved beam. I have use reference plan, sweep command but problem is still.

can you please try it to create cross I section Beam.

Thanks,

I'd be at a loss if you're trying to literally use the Truss Tool. I'm no pro by any means. I would suggest just modeling it on a manual basis to start with.