create new wall assembly type

r-key-tect

I want to create wall types based on certain assembly types with the true rather than nominal block and brick dimensions, and add them to the wall tool palette. How do I do this?

Also, the hatch for a CMU wall is a 45-degree double line. Drafting standard I am accustomed to is single line perpendicular to the wall direction. Can this be changed in the wall type?

How familiar are you with the Style Manager? This is where you'd create a new Wall Style and create all the necessary dimensional information for the wall. This is also where you can preset the Hatch Patterns and how it is visually represented as far as orientation and scale.

Best practice is to have a single DWG file which contains these "walls". Organize them in the drawing space however you see fit. Then simply dragging and dropping these Walls onto a new Tool Palette is the easiest way to get them into this area of AutoCAD.

Autodesk has a lot of stock styles to use for your own purposes. If you browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and look for the ACA folder, keep diving in until you see the Styles folder. Or, you can locate these paths in the Options dialog. Anyways, you'll see all the stock DWG files and if you locate the one for Wall Styles, you'll see how Autodesk organizes them in the drawing. Opening up the Style Manager will let you look into how they constructed each wall. This is how I learned how to make my own custom walls just by reverse engineering what Autodesk provided in the out of the box Styles.

Hope this helps. :)