Wrapping Text?

marinebro0306

Hi,

I am modeling a hotel pen, and all I have left is the text. On the shaft of the pen, it says

THE

TALBOTT

HOTEL

From the top of "THE" to the bottom of "HOTEL" is about a third of the way around the shaft of the pen. Is there any way to wrap the text around the shaft, or any other means of doing this?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

You have to create a 2d sketch away from the part. In the sketch insert your image(i believe it must be a .bmp and i use 24bit). Exit the sketch and click the Decal button. It will ask you to select an image(your sketch), then you will have a wrap to face option, select that and then your cylindrical face.

The decal orientation is decided by the position of your image in the sketch. I know this has been covered in this forum because I have uplaoded an image before. at the bottom of the page there should be "similar threads" and you can also use the search function and should get a more detailed answer. If you cant find it let me know.