XREF Palette not showing up, defaults to CLASSICXREF

I dont have a clue what happend; Currently the xref manager defaults to CLASSICXREF. I thought this was a CUI thing and changed the XREF Manager "Show" from "No" to "Yes". Still defaults to CLASSICXREF. Is there a system variable for this? Something?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I found out that the SDI value was set to 1. I found this out by accident by trying to open the xref through the rightclick menu. The command line show that the xref could not be openned in SDI mode. Googled up SDI mode and found out it's a setting regarding opening opening drawings in autocad, kind of like how it was pre-acad2000. Set the SDI back to 0 and it's all good in the neighborhood. Still, I dont know how the SDI changed itself; like how my automatic save somehow manages to turn "off" :huh:

Sometimes a poorly written lisp or even an Express Tool (just a lisp after all),

might reset some of these system variable settings, and not have been properly written

to reset them when the lisp is through running, or in the event of the user bailing from the lisp with

the ESC button, or in case an error occurs while the lisp is running.

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting WHAT you learned in the process,

so that others can learn from your experience. :beer:

I am pretty good with the system variables, but I have never heard of SDI, nor is it listed

in the SYSVDLG.