Revit MEP 2012 and Spool Sheets?

tcarasas86

Is it possible to create plumbing spool sheets from Revit MEP 2012? I've tried a few different methods but nothing seems to pan out.

I tried creating a 3D section view of piping but I can't seem to get that to work out correctly. Also, is there a way to create schedules for only the sections of piping? I know that I can make a schedule for all of the piping in the building but I need something that will only schedule the section of piping.

You can create Spool Sheets with Revit MEP but it should would take a lot of effort depending on the size of the project. Technically it would work great because of the inherent parametric abilities. Basically, you'd have to create 3D Views and in each View, you'd isolate each section(s) of pipes and fittings. The key is to "Lock" the View, which is located at the bottom of the View Window to the left of the Temporary Hide/Isolate Tool (the Glasses Icon). Once the 3D View is Locked you can then lay out all the annotations and Tags you want. You can even create an Isometric style dimensions if you change to different Planes while in the View.

Scheduling would be able to work but that would take a lot of prepwork in the Fittings and Pipes, and since Revit MEP isn't the best at supplying industry and ANSI standard fittings and accessories, you'd be stuck downloading and manipulating the content from different places around the internet, or try and build your own library. This is my best assumption, anyways.

You can create Spool Sheets with Revit MEP but it should would take a lot of effort depending on the size of the project. Technically it would work great because of the inherent parametric abilities. Basically, you'd have to create 3D Views and in each View, you'd isolate each section(s) of pipes and fittings. The key is to "Lock" the View, which is located at the bottom of the View Window to the left of the Temporary Hide/Isolate Tool (the Glasses Icon). Once the 3D View is Locked you can then lay out all the annotations and Tags you want. You can even create an Isometric style dimensions if you change to different Planes while in the View.

Scheduling would be able to work but that would take a lot of prepwork in the Fittings and Pipes, and since Revit MEP isn't the best at supplying industry and ANSI standard fittings and accessories, you'd be stuck downloading and manipulating the content from different places around the internet, or try and build your own library. This is my best assumption, anyways.

Thank you for your help. I was able to create a sheet with tags for each part so far. As far as scheduling goes, I received the revit drawing from another engineering and I'm just working to make spool sheets out of them for our prefab shop. Do you think it would work if I were to create a Parameter under Identity Data for each spool piece and schedule them that way?

Or actually, since these drawings came from an engineering firm I probably won't be using these plumbing families for any future jobs... I might have to recreate these layouts in AutoCAD MEP and use the templates I set up for it.

Either way, I'll be working on these drawings for a while..