• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spinecad

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ask how to model a tooth of a mating gear that has different size of diameter.

But why do you respond how to model a sprocket?

????????????

I don't need it.

JDM is the gear guy so I'll let him reply to post #64.

Re: modelling a spoon. I think there is a thread here at CADTutor about doing that very thing. Try a search.

Re: modelling a spoon. I think there is a thread here at CADTutor about doing that very thing. Try a search.

There was, however while it's stil effective, the commands used are dated I believe.

While it's a method of doing it, I think there may be more 'modern' tutorials available. (There's more than one way to skin a cat)

*Edit*

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?642-How-do-I-draw-a-spoon&highlight=modelling+spoon

Got the link.

OP = Original poster. (i.e. - the person that posted the original question we're responding to). Not Oppie as in Mayberry.

Thank you for clarifying. ;)

There was, however while it's stil effective, the commands used are dated I believe.

While it's a method of doing it, I think there may be more 'modern' tutorials available. (There's more than one way to skin a cat)

*Edit*

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?642-How-do-I-draw-a-spoon&highlight=modelling+spoon

Got the link.

I think the OP has enough to deal with already just handling 2D commands.

How about finding a link for modeling a spoon in 3D that is more up-to-date? Find one and post it. Then the OP can decide for himself which one he wants to try to follow.

No luck on my end, but I did have an idea; how about 2D elevation of a spoon?

Should be simple enough for any rookies to follow and learn?

Why don't you create a tutorial then and post it here at CADTutor?

Good idea. It'll take time (and a few work thorugh lunches) but I'll have something within the near future, and ask for people's feedback on it.

The near future? How near? I thought you could use fucarro's tutorial and update it with those new commands you alluded to. You should be able to knock that out today.

The near future? How near? I thought you could use fucarro's tutorial and update it with those new commands you alluded to. You should be able to knock that out today.

No, no, with 2D. A 2D elevation view that's accesible to those who are starting out in AutoCAD. Sorry if I conveyed my message wrongly.