How to 2D Draw A Tooth of Gear?

spinecad

Saved it in 2004 format. I did not get very far with this one, this is my first experience with the interfere command.

spoon2004.dwg

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I played with interfere on several shapes and am starting to understand what it does and how I might use it. The value in these tutorials is clear; I don't really need to draw a spoon but the experience and exposure to the techniques is valuable.

Again, thank you.

Tom

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spinecad

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My challenge, if you want to call it that, was for PotGuy to draw two views of a spoon in 2D. Since he has little to no 3D experience I'm not interested in pursuing a 3D spoon at this time. Others may want to take up that challenge on their own.

My challenge, if you want to call it that, was for PotGuy to draw two views of a spoon in 2D. Since he has little to no 3D experience I'm not interested in pursuing a 3D spoon at this time. Others may want to take up that challenge on their own.

I'll give 3D a go, but most likely at what you'll get is a crudely subtracted spoon 'bowl', rectangular handle with a shoddy roundness and a very jagged handle! :P

2D_Spoon.PNG

Well I wouldn't want you to think I'd give you a challenge I would not undertake myself so here is my down-n-dirty 2D spoon.

Now it's your turn.

3D_Spoon.PNG

Oh what the heck. I was 2/3rds of the way there so I went the distance and tried my hand at a 3D spoon. Hey! It's my first attempt so cut me some slack. I'm sure it falls far short of JDM's high standards and modern MCAD program but at least it holds water. Ah, I mean....milk. Cheerios for breakfast anyone?:lol:

OK, I gave it another look and already I see something I don't like.:ouch: It took a few minutes to dawn on me so it's back to the drawing board for a bit of refinement.:( I'll post an updated version later when I find the time. Feel free to dis on my spoon all you want until then.:shock:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39874[/ATTACH]

Added the fillets and a little detail in the handle.

Perfection alludes me for the moment. Must think on it some more.

Haven't started on my end yet! :oops:

Spoon.png

Handle wise, have you considered adding a hole near the end of the handle? Like a spoon that's part of a set, that loops round a ring?

No I have not. My spoon is for having coffee and dessert at the dining table not beans and beer around the campfire. LoL

I was a Scout, so that last one came naturally! I was never good at making a Marhmallow cook, rather than burn it into a gloop of fat and charcoal...:danger:

I've nothing against scouting. I was a Boy Scout at one time myself. I think I joined in 1910.

I know you wouldn't! My Smilie was warning you to be careful of cooking Marshmallo-OW!

This is not a Spoon, but it is something.

So far, everything I've done is exactly to Scale, including the Text height, spacing, annotations etc.

Autism = Attention to detail. Useful!

Scrteen.jpg

Screen - Top L;EFT.jpg

sCREEN, bTOOOM.jpg

Here's the Spoon. Managed to squeeze it in during Work.

Took about 15 minutes including changing a command to a spline to accomadate hatching.

Used Pline (PE - S for silver handle on Plan view), Elipse, Trim, Hatch, Circle, Fillet

Soon.jpg