Flange Coupling Assembly

williamS

Going through Engineering Drawing with Worked Examples 1 by M.A.Parker and F.Pickup (first published 1960) and creating models as per the drawings. Got to final problem Flange Coupling (p.219-220). I've created the parts as per the drawings (Flange 2 off, Driving Pin 4 off, Bush 4 off, Washer 8 off) but now need to assemble. I'm not a mechanical engineer so I don't know how to proceed even though the text gives some indication as to the assembling "....The driving pins are attached to each flange alternatively by a nut (they give a note in the drawings "also required 8 off Hex Nuts M10-6H") and washer. The bushes are centrally placed in the 28mm diamater bores and retained on the driving pins by a nut and washer. Note that the parts are assembled so that there is a gap between the flanges and shaft ends"....

Do I need to create a shaft? I know I need to create a suitable key but will have to gen up on Inventor's Generators first. Anyone in a position to construct an assembly drawing (not an .iam as I want to assemble myself).

Thanks in advance.

PS. Have those familiar with the book mentioned above ever seen Engineering Drawing with Worked Examples 2. Seems extremely difficult to get hold off!!!

Bush.ipt

Driving Pin.ipt

Flange.ipt

Washer.ipt

• Thanks 1

I've figured how to assemble the flange coupling now. Working on the parallel key now so might have to come back with a query about that.