Copy Command from Drawing to Drawing

fatdaddy

Hi all

We have been using AutoCAD 2000 for a few years, albeit for simple layout drawings.

I have come across a problem today which has baffled me. I wish to copy objects from one drawing file to another and have done so with no problems in the past.

I am working from a building layout supplied by a client and wish tyo copy part of the drawing to my revised drawing file. I selected the objects, used the copy command, switched drawing windows and used the paste command. I get the 'pasteclip' in the command line but nothing is deposited into the current file.

I have checked that the current layer is not turned off, tried good old DOS command lines (ctl +c, ctl + v), changed the original drawing properties from read only but nothing works.

What am I missing?

Any help gratefully received!!:cry:

Some glitch introduced when saving a file "back to" a previous version. It may have applied to more than one release of AutoCAD. I think I recall 2007 being specifically mentioned.