• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PotGuy

• ReMark

• Glen1980

• Stibreakers

View their profile by clicking their screen name then the option is on the left of the screen. Maybe you aren't seeing the link as you only have four posts?

Alas, poor Stibreakers, we did not know him/her well. Easy come and easy go. LoL

Maybe the forum Gods will have pity on you and let you live to post another day.

Ha ok the reason I needed to PM was to get in contact with someone who had the same question as me. This way I would avoid unnecessary posting / get a quicker answer, etc. Its not like that was my first post and i wasnt spamming .. just trying to get a qs answered.

O and hehe were SOLIDWORKS users ! dun dun dun....:shock:

Ha ok the reason I needed to PM was to get in contact with someone who had the same question as me. This way I would avoid unnecessary posting / get a quicker answer, etc. Its not like that was my first post and i wasnt spamming .. just trying to get a qs answered.

O and hehe were SOLIDWORKS users ! dun dun dun....:shock:

You WERE spamming with unnecessary posting!

Why you think you weren't is beyond me.

Well if rules/problems are easily circumvented people will work around them, pretty much like working with CAD, it doesn't do quite what you want so you work around it with a LISP etc.

Luckily I hadn't come back to the forum so I only got the one email with the first cheeky message, hope it didn't clutter Daves in box!

Well if rules/problems are easily circumvented people will work around them, pretty much like working with CAD, it doesn't do quite what you want so you work around it with a LISP etc.

Luckily I hadn't come back to the forum so I only got the one email with the first cheeky message, hope it didn't clutter Daves in box!

That and "This is post #" made me laugh.

Poor Dave. :ouch:

It's just too simple to get around. You would hope that people made 10 useful posts but people do like to take the easy way!

Nothing is full proof.

The hard part is to find a a compromise where spammers can't PM people and the rest while trying to avoid frustration like this. While it never really affected me, this sort of situation does annoy others as it can be seen as a detterent to join. :huh:

Main point being, it is more helpful to the entire CADTutor Forum Community to post questions and provide answers in the FORUM, not through PMs.

OP lists his CAD platform as AutoCAD 2012, then claims to use Solidworks.

Useless posts have been deleted.

Main point being, it is more helpful to the entire CADTutor Forum Community to post questions and provide answers in the FORUM, not through PMs.

OP lists his CAD platform as AutoCAD 2012, then claims to use Solidworks.

Useless posts have been deleted.

I can feel my existance fa...

• 1 month later...

Just had a thought.

Is there a way to leave a notice on the PM saying that any CAD questions will be put into a Thread due to the higher probability of getting the answer desired, or words to those effect?